cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 and a half hour this morning to activate a SIM.

GaryFin
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

For some things telephone should be available. This morning I decided to use a spare SIM I got with my main one some months ago. I activated it then tried to add it to a group which proved impossible, because it was forcing me to get a new sim instead of use the spare one I already had. 
Between unrelated problems and confusion it took a mammoth 1.5 hours to achieve what I wanted using the silly chat app. Thanks to the relentless Karan who finally solved it we got there in the end but that process seriously needs looking at. 

3 REPLIES 3

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

This is the Smarty community forum, populated by Smarty users. 

As we don’t work for Smarty, we obviously don’t have any control over Smarty’s processes and procedures.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@GaryFin  firstly, what @JJP2 says is correct. The main reason that people join Smarty is because it offers value for money. One of the ways they manage to keep costs down is by having web chat support and not having a whole team manning phones. This is not uncommon in many businesses these days .

The main things are that:

a) your problem was sorted for you.

b) you probably now understand what caused the issue - can you let us know what went wrong please?

jassingh
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

I think I mentioned this before in another post - there is defo some space for improvement in those online pages where you go and activate a SIM - works flawless if you're a new user signing up but I feel it can get confused when trying to add further accounts or using a SIM bought in a store. I reckon this could be handled more seamlessly - faced a similar issue trying to activate a store bought SIM when it wouldn't let me 'register' it using the email I wanted .. because it was already tied to another account which I had open (but didn't place an online order). However I don't work for Smarty but something I am sure they can optimise for handling such cases.