Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Prize Draw] Let us know about your favourite bargain

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

PD_Banner_1st.png

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE - WINNERS 

We are delighted to announce the winners of SMARTY Community Anniversary Prize Draw🎉🥁🏆

• LizSlyfi_756500 
  • IBRAHIM_1329146 
  • ShauneC_1454547 
  • AlphaCh_1188069 
  • YvonneMc_959576 
  • JoshEll_2277220 
  • adilayu_2347091 
  • OCH 
  • yuvrajd_1732908 
  • LedleyH 
  • tonyada_1073593 
  • DB1 
  • NegativeZero 
  • Timothy_1677946 
  • JoeWasse_592205 

Congratulations to our lucky winners! Please check your Community Private Messages inbox for further info.

Thanks to everyone who participated, we have received some wonderful entries! Better luck next time🍀

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours. So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over two thousand posts ! Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

Cut yourself a slice of cake and stick on a party hat, because we're celebrating one whole year of the SMARTY Community 🎉

If this is news for you - where have you been? The Community is the fount of SMARTY knowledge, where anyone can ask, and answer, any question that pops up.

To celebrate an amazing first year, we are giving you the chance to win one of 15 £100 Amazon vouchers.

How can I enter?

Simply log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the "Let us know about your favourite bargain" article, before the draw closes on the 21st of January 2024.

• What was the best bargain you've ever found?
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year?
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?

The Draw

There are 15 £100 Amazon vouchers up for grabs, that we'll draw using a Random Number Generator, so get your entry in now.

If you are not already part of the Community, fear not - signing up takes seconds once you are there.

Competition terms can be found here.

Best of Luck.

Team SMARTY

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
2,125 REPLIES 2,125

OwenGra_2036900
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • What was the best bargain you've ever found?

I think I spent £750 on a wedding ring (from a wholesaler rather than off the highstreet) and my wife said yes, so that has worked out very cheap considering how long we've been together!

• What was the best bargain you've bagged this year?

Picked up a tuxedo that fitted perfectly (without alterations) for £15 off eBay, the seller said they had lost weight and it no longer fit... which was ironic because I had just gained a lot of weight and it fit like a dream :).

• What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?

HotUKdeals is a great website for blagging things you don't need but you really want. If there are niche things you are searching for, set up a saved search on eBay and be patient. Looking at price histories can also avoid tears.

TrevorM_1683663
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My best bargain was finding a pair of solid silver half pint tankard's at a car boot sale that cost me a pound for the pair and I sold two days later for £76, well happy 😁

AndrewL_1321528
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My top tip for getting a bargain is haggle. You can haggle with almost any company for a product or a service. If you don't ask you don't get and the cheekier you are, the better. 

IanHors_1906472
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

my best bargain is my smarty unlimited 5g sim using instead of BT broadband saving loads and getting 4 times the Mbs 👍

Best bargain this year joining smarty for £5 a month sim for my phone 👍

To get the best bargain do your research, a few hours spent on the internet will reap rewards 👍

EveClair_558613
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Having found smarty and had the benefit of the plan rolling over for a couple of years now is my biggest happy bargain I’ve found!! 

BarryDo_1039216
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

SMARTY HAS THE ANSWER!

Fantastic for me friends and family at BARGAIN PRICES🤩🙏🏻❤️

keeping it really affordable Xx

LGrves_2042283
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The 125GB for £12 is the best bargain I’ve got through SMARTY- great price and it covers my data usage no problem!

SusannaS_907456
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best bargain this year was signing up to Smarty. To be able to have 100gb of data and not have to worry about running out. Such great value for money. Thank you Smarty!

MandyPe_1930623
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

best bargain 2023 was brand new sweaty Betty leggings for £10, saving £80.

Best bargain ever found so far is likely to be my smarty SIM card with data offer. Saved myself a lot of money so far and I hope for the future. Have also chosen smarty for my children now their contracts are finished with old providers.

Best way to find a bargain is to search and search around. Keep looking and you'll find the best price 🙂 

Watermelon
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

The £10 refer-a-friend bonus is awesome! I referred three friends in 2023 so it's the best bargain I've found.

nievans1
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain of 2023 was an Xbox in Microsoft sale with extra discount by using AMEX.

SusannaS_907456
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best bargain I have even found was my fiancé!! He is worth his wait in gold!!!

SusannaS_907456
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My number one tip for getting a bargain is to decide what you are looking for and search daily till the price changes.

AnnHend_1921681
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Getting £10 per month SMARTY SIM deal - the gift which keeps on giving 💝 

JanisCar_237432
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

doing surveys and getting amazon vouchers 

JohnMac_2242309
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best bargain is the unlimited bundle for 20 pound

MichalF_2057686
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The best bargain for me was getting £16 for unlimited data. 

Andrew_smart
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The bargain of 2023 was actually swapping my current account over to RBS, bagged £200 for free. 

If we're sticking just to mobile related things, I am saving like £20 per month with smarty compared to EE so I really appreciate what you guys do. I've swapped the whole family over!

DougalJ
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain this year was a gel insole for my work shoes for a pound, now um walking on sunshine!

SodeeqA_1716334
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain would be the 180GB for 15 pounds I got from Smarty last year

JulieTal_930354
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My best bargain was a pair of Rocket Dog boots, the sell for £100 and I found a brand new pair in the charity shop for £6. 

MICHAELWatkins
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

1. What was the best bargain you've ever found?

I like to play a lot of Beat Saber in VR and wanted to buy a Valve Index, but they are so expensive ( £1k plus second hand ) so I posted a Tiktok video to say how much I wanted one. An online Beat Saber player got in touch with me and sold me his one that he bought and didn't like it. It was full of extras and the total cost would have been £1500 plus and he sold it to me for £650! I didn't have the money at the time and saved up for weeks and he kindly kept it for me and I had it. This was my bargain. I was very happy as the whole kit was brand new and only been used once. He then bought a quest 3 instead. 

2. What was the best bargain you've bagged this year?

2. A Valve Index VR headset. 😊

3.What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?

3. If you want something that bad post a video on Tiktok and tell everyone about it and maybe someone may help you out. 😊

This is the video I posted haha 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGe6LaxAA/

HANNAHM_1781360
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain is unreal data, calls and text Sims from SMARTY! I moved my kids to SMARTY and myself I spend £30.20 a month on all 3 and for that we get a total of 245 GB of Data, unlimited calls and texts. 

Top tip- contact SMARTY if you see they have a new deal you are interested in and when you plan renews you get the new plan and price.

Getting 10% off all plans as we are in a group 😊😘

Michael_1185015
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

My best bargain was my Smarty SIM card which I haves saved ££££s on compared to my old EE contract. Extremely happy! 

Natalia_1466532
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best bargain I’ve found is Smarty’s £12 for 100gb data, such an amazing offer! 

TrevRobo
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best bargain was getting the smarty SIM and always having 5g and lots of data.

MJK
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The best bargain I found this year is a pair of ear buds for £20. I was keen to try ear buds as I had mainly used wired headphones previously. I was reluctant to buy a pair of more expensive ear buds as I find it difficult to get earphones that fit comfortably. I tried a pair from a small UK manufacturer (Majority) and I'm impressed with the sound quality for the price. They fit comfortably and stay in

EmmaRees060620
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain was my smarty sim only plan which is just £12 a month, 100G data! 
best bargain tips use price comparison websites like Uswitch to get the best deals! Very happy. 

JennyHo_2138311
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My number one tip for getting a bargain is to buy second-hand! Charity shops, vinted and depop are great for clothes and backmarket sells refurbished electronics. So much better for the planet too! 

petregiu_616012
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain for me was the unlimited 3 day data pass 

My tip is to shop around, if you can grab a no contract, pay as you go plan

BrianSm_1628127
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

my favourite bargain was finding Smarty, particularly the great deal for roaming in Europe vs the extortionate giffgaff deal. Although I do most of my bargain hunting on line, never rule out the high street. 

Brian2554
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I consider the best bargain i have found is joining Smarty after years of being ripped off by other companies

the double up bargains are certainly most impressive, I cant see me going anywhere in the future

Keep up the great work Smarty

AndraHo_1827650
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I recommend everyone to subscribe to smarty newsletter as they send many great offers via email. I personally got for black friday unlimited for 16 pounds for a whole year! 

AlexPet_1950394
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Black Friday 2023, 50gb for 8£ a month- great deal 😀 

Also the fact that you can use roaming included in your contract,  so good! 

MarkHey_1707333
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain was getting a virtually new car for half price, under 2000 miles on the clock and no wear, bought it 6 months ago

Always be patient and don't be afraid to walk away, always research thye item you want to buy and compare with other sellers

HenryWh_1410575
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Always paying a set amount each month that doesn’t change by surprise and no contact. 

ALBERTH_2181064
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Like others, getting an extra Gigabyte of data for free on my plan was a great bargain.

smifcouk
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Bargain (?) ... Hmm ... Had quite a few in my time ... From Clothes to Media to Vehicles to, well, you name it ... Recently had a stonker of a deal on the mini PC i'm using to type this ... Hit the purchase at just the righty time with an exceptional offer price PLUS an extra discount ... Cha-ching ... Had a deal on a brilliant Bosch Professional SDS Hammer Drill that cost me just over 80 quid (Brand New AND sealed) AND came with a £50 Quick Change Chuck thrown in 'free' ... BUT ... My absolute bestest ever bargain was a 12 day Holiday Cruise with Hurtigruten along the full length of the Norwegian coast ... All inclusive, outside cabin, return UK flights to Bergen included ... Scenery, wildlife, sunsets, huskies, the Arctic Circle, etc etc, and the MOST magical Northern Lights spectacle over about 4 of the nights ... I understand that 1200 quid isn't necessarily 'cheap' in the grand scheme of things to a lot of people (i mean, i could have picked that i get way more than i should for well less than a tenner each month from Smarty) BUT what that trip gave in return for that money was worth WAY WAY WAY much more !?!

JamesLe_1616662
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The best bargain I ever found was SMARTY I had been with several other providers but none could match SMARTY for cost, ease of ending a contract without waiting, one, two years 

Getting a suit for my grandsons wedding 

Always do your homework never jump in because it looks cheap, double, triple check then if ok go for it 

Thedoctor6678
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

1)when paying for 4GB of data then getting an extra 2GB 

2)moving from an data provider to this one 

3)just stay with smarty if your with them already if your not then what are you waiting for