Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Prize Draw] Let us know about your favourite bargain

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

PD_Banner_1st.png

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE - WINNERS 

We are delighted to announce the winners of SMARTY Community Anniversary Prize Draw🎉🥁🏆

• LizSlyfi_756500 
  • IBRAHIM_1329146 
  • ShauneC_1454547 
  • AlphaCh_1188069 
  • YvonneMc_959576 
  • JoshEll_2277220 
  • adilayu_2347091 
  • OCH 
  • yuvrajd_1732908 
  • LedleyH 
  • tonyada_1073593 
  • DB1 
  • NegativeZero 
  • Timothy_1677946 
  • JoeWasse_592205 

Congratulations to our lucky winners! Please check your Community Private Messages inbox for further info.

Thanks to everyone who participated, we have received some wonderful entries! Better luck next time🍀

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours. So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over two thousand posts ! Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

Cut yourself a slice of cake and stick on a party hat, because we're celebrating one whole year of the SMARTY Community 🎉

If this is news for you - where have you been? The Community is the fount of SMARTY knowledge, where anyone can ask, and answer, any question that pops up.

To celebrate an amazing first year, we are giving you the chance to win one of 15 £100 Amazon vouchers.

How can I enter?

Simply log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the "Let us know about your favourite bargain" article, before the draw closes on the 21st of January 2024.

• What was the best bargain you've ever found?
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year?
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?

The Draw

There are 15 £100 Amazon vouchers up for grabs, that we'll draw using a Random Number Generator, so get your entry in now.

If you are not already part of the Community, fear not - signing up takes seconds once you are there.

Competition terms can be found here.

Best of Luck.

Team SMARTY

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
2,125 REPLIES 2,125

AlanWil_2019324
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I am on £8 for 50 GB its the best bargain I have had this year.

JeffCook_330748
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Many years ago I bought my grandson a new bike on ebay.  It arrived damaged but fixible.  When I gave the seller feed back they refunded my money and said to keep the bike.

Got a 4.5kg turkey crown for £4.99 because it the barcode was priced wrongly.

Tip.  Always shop around for something you want and don't discount refurbished kit.  Have saved lots by buying refurbished. 

AndyWorpole
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

We sold our kitchen table for a really good price and got the new one half price, so had money to spare on Christmas gifts!

DaisyWi_2045596
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain was bulk buying a box of flakes making them 5p a flake!

SyedT
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

has to be that last year I was on the double 30 for £10 so 60GB for £10 and then for the new year I moved to £8 for 50GB which is very good

Klinston_233756
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

i got a champagne in France for 16€ ❤️

TeeJay27
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best bargain I’ve found? Smarty who haven’t increased my prices since I switched to them!!! If that isn’t a bargain in this day and age, I don’t know what is! 

MartinA_1986691
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I found a newish Samsung smart TV in our local charity shop for £50 which was a fantastic treat for Christmas

THOMASM_1683555
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Enter 

HKchris
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Great bargain in referral friends to get  Amazon or John Lewis coupon

Stephen_1985644
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My best bargain was changing to smarty. We have started travelling into Europe in our caravan. I was with sky mobile who wanted to charge over £2 per day for roaming charges. Smarty  is free and can use up to 12 meg per month. Fantastic saving

Stephen_2020107
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • What was the best bargain you've ever found?

2 Bottles of Kraken Rum in Mexico for £12! Almost as good as my Smarty deal 😀

AndyH
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Has to be a lof of bread for 15p off the cheap counter when the shop gets near closing time 😊

Tiger_2092998
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Buying an Accur8 7-in-1 weather station which is cheaper than the Bresser equivalent and a fraction of the price of a Davis Instruments one and does the same thing and is connected to Wunderground.com 

DamienM_2278821
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My best bargain of 2023 was a new clutch for my garden tractor. It was listed on an online auction site for £150 but the seller extended a special offer and I got it for less than £100 - a bargain!

Tribey
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I bought an old original Dansette record player whilst at school in our jumble sale, was told not to bother as broken so was charged 10p. Took it home played around with it and used a rubber band to fix it, almost the same cost as machine itself. 30 years later still works and looks wonderfully retro as well. 

joestupidstupid
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • I've still got 3 months of double data (60gb for the price of 30gb) - never had to worry about downloading anything in the wild!
  • Got a huge puffa jacket in the sales just as it's got cold, it's super cosy
  • Research (as a lot of people have said) but don't necessarily get the cheapest, as that can be a false economy in the long run.

Freshta_1337692
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best bargain I ever found was my smarty deal in which I pay £5 a month for 4GB, unlimited calls and unlimited texts. Best choice ever!!🙏🙏

GedHowa_1210868
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best advice to get a bargain is to always check sites for cashback 

JaniceD_1911178
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Bargain of 2023 getting my mum onto smarty more data lot cheaper than was paying.

KerryWr_1367405
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain of 2023 has to be the Pick My Postcode website.  Free to enter and I won £600!  Haven’t won again since though!!!

ABC1234
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain: A Churchill tank manual.

Usually hundreds of pounds: £3 in a charity shop.

Scanned and shared with other nerds. 😶

PeterW_2391241
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Leaving BT for Smarty

TIMCHEE_1246749
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The best bargain was a pine wardrobe from a charity shop for £50.00, which I fitted out with shelves and turned into a kitchen larder.

GarryPlum_29041
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best bargain is definitely the 40gb for £10.00 a amazing deal and service is 100% great from Smarty team.

Zackkind1122
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain I ever found was for my laptop case, it was 65% off

2. Best bargain this year was for my laptop

3. Be patient, don't rush. Also if shopping online user extensions like Vetted and Honey

BenMoose
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best bargain i’ve bagged this year is the american products my local nisa sells 

Gwenifer
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

What was the best bargain you've ever found?

Seems basic but getting a deluxe version of a board game in a charity shop for £10 when it was worth around £45! Maybe not the best saving but it was a great find!

JamesEd_1072028
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Unlimited data for £20 a month....a bargain 😁

LunaGre_2383553
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer
  • Q:What was the best bargain you've ever found?
  • A: I collect and resell plushies and i found two for €70 that are worth €150 each 
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year?
  • Local shop was doing a 4 pack of my favourite energy drinks for €3 thatre usually over €5/€6 in every other shop 
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?
  • charity shopping! Im always finding crazy bargains on vintage clothes and objects, you could get a designer shirt for less than a tenner  

PhilipC_1880612
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain? Bought a wine decanter/preserver for 20p (from a charity shop). Full price on the Fortnum & Mason website for £130!

GarethE_2197786
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

£12 for 125GB is THE bargain of the decade! 😀

michael_1721019
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

oranges for 1p

SimonHo_2351938
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Smarty and the Internet prices I love this network 

LisaPla_1472489
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain was a leather jacket I bought in a charity shop for £10. When I got it home and tried it on again I found there was £40 in the inside zipped pocket! 

So far this year my best bargain has been buying a jumper in the sales that I’d wanted for Christmas but both me and my husband were too poorly to buy it then after Christmas it was reduced by 50 percent 

My best tip for bargains is to always check charity shops online. I’ve bought things from Oxfam which were a fraction of the retail price and my money has gone to a good cause. 

Gurveen_1939075
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

125 for 12

AdsyMac
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My now wife once wanted to have "sexy time" and now I have a beautiful 2 year old daughter. Absolutely the best bargain I've ever got!

KRISTINA_390086
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My best bargains is still with Smarty all the data for low prices getting great connections and since I saw advert on TV and joined was one of my best deccission I have made thank you for all guys doing for us. Got a great bargain on vinted for branded sunglasses. Just keep eyes out  and do your research well. Hugs

JaniceD_1911178
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain of 2023 getting my mum signed up to smarty mare data cheaper price.

NoorAli_1904029
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The most incredible deal is the £8 for 16 GB – it's unbelievable. I can easily go through a whole month with that plan and still have data left. It's so cost-effective that I referred a friend, and they joined too.