cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What phone do you have and why?

leedorney
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

Are you a tech. 'geek' or just got something that looked good...?

I've a Poco X5 Pro 5g, gen'd up on it as I had the previous model as it was a step up...

3 REPLIES 3

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@leedorney Confirmed apple-folic here. All my equipment is Apple and so it makes good sense to me to have stuff that can talk to each other e.g. contacts kept up to date on phone, iPad etc.

I admit that they are not cheap, but they are well made and seem to last well. They accept updates for a long time before processors become too old and feeble.

Currently on an iPhone 12mini. Beginning to think that next phone may need to be full size screen though - advancing age!

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@leedorney,

I've got a Fairphone 4, considering buying the upcoming Fairphone 5.

They're maybe not the most up to date technically (but not far from it), but for me they have several bonuses.

Fairphone phones are electrical waste neutral, with other materials (such as plastics) are all recycled.  All metals (including gold) are conflict free.

As well as all that, the phones are made in a modular way, that means I can order new parts (screen, battery, charging port, etc) and replace them myself.

The phones also come with 5 year manufacturers guarantee and software updates.

jassingh
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@leedorney I have a OnePlus Nord and prior to that a Mi A2 Lite (with Android One when that was a big thing). This phone has served me well, my first 5G phone so naturally when I put the Smarty SIM card in it went absolutely bonkers on the DL speed ๐Ÿ˜ and has been a faithful friend resisting all kinds of drops and 'life'. I wouldn't say I'm an Android "purist" right now but I love the customisation and other cool (and dodgy) apps that can be installed on it. I used to have a really old iPhone and its buttons stopped working - I can definitely say that Android is for me.

There isn't much hype around OnePlus like there used to be and their newer phones (at least in the UK) are harder to get now, supposedly some logistical issues. They are packed full of features at a usually very attractive price point. I am considering a Google Pixel to be my next phone though .. either 6a or 7a