cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

VPN (Cloudflare) with SMARTY

DanielK_2265550
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Hi, I'm trying to use VPNs with SMARTY but nothing seems to work. I have a work VPN that I need to be able to use (Cloudflare WARP) to access internal resources. The SMARTY chat was very unhelpful and said VPNs are not supported. However, I've read people on this forum say they use VPNs. Can I do anything about this, has anyone managed to use WARP with SMARTY? I also have another VPN for home use, and that also doesn't work.

7 REPLIES 7

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Never used Cloudflare Warp, but I have successfully used CyberGhost VPN and also the private relay facility on my iPhone.

This obviously doesnโ€™t help you though. 
How do you use Cloudfare ? Is it via a VPN profile that you download or does Cloudflare have an app for users ? If you have tried one way (VPN profile or App) try the other, see if that works. 

EDIT : Just downloaded the Cloudflare WARP app  on my iPhone 13 Mini.

Installed a VPN profile, and everything works as it should, the Whataapp voicecall  that I am currently on did not even disconnect, everything is working fine for me.

Thanks for the quick response. I've tried both fresh installs and current installs on multiple devices across operating systems in the house. The moment I switch networks (from SMARTY to my mobile hotspot) everything works fine, which leads me to believe this is an issue with SMARTY.

I am of course using Smarty, so obviously no issue with Smarty for me.

What phone are you using ?

EDIT : What APN are you using for Smarty ? If currently not, try using โ€œmob.asm.netโ€ as the APN, just in case it makes a difference.

I'm using Smarty on a zte mc888 5G router.

EDIT: The APN is set to the one you suggested with no difference.

Oh, youโ€™re using a ZTE router.

i tried using Cloudfare on my iPhone, and still have no issues (Itโ€™s still switched on as I type this) 

As itโ€™s a router, then Smarty donโ€™t support routers, nor do they recommend Smarty as a full time replacement for home broadband, as it is a value for money mobile phone company.

Have you considered contacting ZTE for support ?

Hi. Just wondering if you managed to resolve this issue. I'm having a similar problem with my wife's work VPN not connecting using a Smarty data SIM in a TP Deco X50 5G router. Thanks

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@GEM1979  Unfortunately, you are unlikely to get much official help on this because Smarty T&C's make it clear that the service is for non-commercial use i.e. not for work purposes.