Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLTE logo ?

Rooster_No1
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

OnePlus Nord CE 5g  (android 12)

Just joined Smarty.... when I was on Three, my phone constantly displayed the VOLTE logo at the top of my phone next to the signal strength ... now it's absent !

Is this a setting somewhere  ?  as I understand it is supported  ?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Customisation of icons in the system status bar, on Apple and Android handsets, requires setup in a network profile, which is used to enable/disable various features and options. 

Some service providers can't/don't invest time & effort (money) into extensive customisation of network profiles, for a large number of handsets. I'm sure your VoLTE is working @Rooster_No1, just missing a status icon in the status bar because SMARTY haven't got a customised network profile your handset.

View solution in original post

All you need to do to find out if VoLTE is active and working is to make a call.

While in a call, shoup you:

• Drop back to 3G - VoLTE is NOT working
  • Remain connected to 4G or 5G - VoLTE IS working

SIMPLES!!!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

The only indicators on my phone are the word 'SMARTY', number of bars of signal and wifi signal strength, plus battery status.

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Customisation of icons in the system status bar, on Apple and Android handsets, requires setup in a network profile, which is used to enable/disable various features and options. 

Some service providers can't/don't invest time & effort (money) into extensive customisation of network profiles, for a large number of handsets. I'm sure your VoLTE is working @Rooster_No1, just missing a status icon in the status bar because SMARTY haven't got a customised network profile your handset.

Thanks guys, I'll stop worrying then  😎👍

zelmon64
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hi @Rooster_No1, I've had a lot of trouble with VoLTE on smarty. To verify if it's enable you should be able to access the "Phone information" menu by dialling *#*#4636#*#*. Look for "VoLTE provisioned" and see if it's selected. From there you can also view the "IMS Service Status" by selecting it from the drop down menu in the top right corner (the three vertical dots). It will show the status of "Voice over LTE" and some other communication methods.

For all my devices VoLTE was not working but with a rooted Android phone I was able to use voenabler to activate it. After it was activated I then had the symbol appear that you described. I haven't found a way to activate it on other devices and I'm concerned for the 3G shutdown.

Hope this helps.

Unfortunately that code does nothing on my OnePlus Nord CE ....   so still in the dark  😞

All you need to do to find out if VoLTE is active and working is to make a call.

While in a call, shoup you:

• Drop back to 3G - VoLTE is NOT working
  • Remain connected to 4G or 5G - VoLTE IS working

SIMPLES!!!

Makes perfect sense Paul...  and yes, it does stay in 4g    !

Thanks

Yeah I noticed the same happening with my OnePlus Nord - there was a VoLTE icon when I was trialing a 3 SIM in my phone, and also with my previous provider (Vodafone) but now the only way to determine it is on is to make a call with Wifi turned off or use the code to check the configuration to make sure it is definitely 'provisioned' on the phone. 

I guess for one thing, it probably gives me more space in my (already crowded) notifications bar.