Did you mean: 

Voicemail from abroad

AgneMaz_2012738
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have received the below message

You have 1 new Voicemail(s).

Call +447782333123 to listen.

When ring the number, says my pin is not set up and I need to ring back from SMARTY number, but I'm actually ringing from SMARTY sim? 

Any advice please 

3 REPLIES 3

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@AgneMaz_2012738 Hav e you read this article?:  https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/952741-setting-up-voicemail?_gl=1*t1p2qx*_ga*OTk5NjkyODY3LjE3M....

If that does not work, you may need to have a web chat with Support Team.

Hi, I did read it, but the Web chat team advised me that I need to be in UK to be able to set my pin, hence the auto message advising to ring back from SMARTY phone (meaning UK).

Everyone who travels abroad will need to set up their voicemail before leaving UK otherwise it will not work. None of this info is on the website. 

Also strange, how I got the message to let me know there's a voicemail left for me, when it's not set up? 

@AgneMaz_2012738  To be fair, the article says :

How do I access my Voicemails whilst abroad?🌎

If you've got a voicemail, you'll get a text to let you know. Call +447782333123 from your phone or another device followed by entering your voicemail pin to access your mailbox

So this does suggest that you already need the pin before leaving the UK. I agree that it could perhaps be a bit clearer though.