Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Using SMARTY Data SIM Card with EVBase box

BitonWAL_275610
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi all,

After using a SMARTY Data SIM Card for years in a Huawei MiFi Router for software updates for our Tesla Model 3 without any issues now tried to same SIM Card in a EVBASE Tesla Apple Wireless Carplay Tesla Screen Auto Carplay For Tesla

Made the same APN Settings as with the Huawei MiFi Router

mob.asm.net or http://mob.asm.net

with no userid and password etc

but all without success, on the EVBase modem just having the Cellular LED alternating between Green and Blue what means no network

Anyone tried the same or knows some other tricks to get this working as I don't want to use a mobile phone as HotSpot what is an option to get this working

Cheers,

bitmanEV

4 REPLIES 4

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

You would need to read the Tesla manual, Google it or contact a Tesla dealer. 

This past week, owners of a Volvo and an Audi have asked the same question as yourself, with differing results.

With the Audi, it looks like you need to buy a data package through Audi. I wonder if it is the same with Tesla ?

Sorry but this has NOTHING to do with Tesla I'm afraid

The EVBase box has it own Nano SIM Card Slot that isn't working with the SMARTY Data SIM Card so it's or the SMARTY settings or EVBase nereds to make a software update to allow the SMARTY Sim to work as they had issues with T-Mobile before what was fixed by a firmware update

Charming opening statement ! 

Anyway, as you mention T-Mobile, which is not a UK mobile network, that could be the problem ! EVBase hardware may not work with non US networks, you would probably be better off contacting them, at least their staff are paid to take your dire attitude ! 

Again a consuption out of the blue as the one I ordered is for the European market and not for the US market and yes they are indeed different systems

Anyway don't worry I'm now in contact with EVBase