Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text non-delivery message...

AndrewS_1434780
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Good afternoon

I tried to send a text yesterday and was told it could not be delivered.  Now I get frequent messages about this - how do I stop this?  If it matters I've deleted the non-deliverable text.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@AndrewS_1434780 I'm firstly assuming that you are in the UK at the minute. Are you certain that you are sending it to a standard UK mobile number? (If it is a five digit short code then Smarty currently does not permit that)

jassingh
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

In addition to the advice from @MSF, might be worth checking incase the number you're sending the text to is premium  i.e. one that would be chargeable? Any text that could incur a cost isn't currently supported on Smarty (competitions, voting, parking etc) hence why it may have bounced back. Some UK numbers at particular networks seem to get classed as premium rate too.

There's more info on this here

Moreover, you might want to try sending the text again but this time with some 'credit' in your account and see if that works?

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Have you checked if the recipient received the text message/s @AndrewS_1434780

There are sometimes circumstances where you'll get a non-delivery alert, although the text was actually delivered. Seems this can happen after number transfers between mobile service providers.

Doing a NETWORK RESET on your handset may solve the issue - the procedure for this would normally be covered in the handset user guide.