cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smarty App Password

JerryWr_1884893
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Is there a way to save the password. So you don't have to keep typing it in every time you go to use the app.???

15 REPLIES 15

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Some internet browsers offer that feature if you log in via the internet.

If you use one of the newer iPhones, there is the option to use Face ID and that saves typing in each time. not sure if other phones offer this feature.

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Is there a "Remember me" option on the login page in the SMARTY app @JerryWr_1884893?

I use the app on my iPhone, and don't logout. It's always signed-in, and running in the background. 

I also use the app on an iPhone @Chalkychap , but I always log out for security. The FaceID feature makes it easy and convenient to log in when I open the app.

(Seems to work well - perhaps nobody looks quite like me - lucky for them!)

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Okay @MSF, personally I avoid using FaceID. I'm happy to login and leave the SMARTY app running. That said, I don't really do anything in the app - I use the online dashboard, which I consider to be more reliable. 

Hi @Chalkychap . I have tried out FaceID over some time and found it to be quite reliable. I quite accept what you say about Smarty online being better than the app - I also use it more.

Some banking apps seem to quite favour FaceID - one gives a choice of FaceID, Password or Voice ID.

Given that I try to choose different passwords for various websites and apps, using Face ID means one less to remember with my advanced years!

JerryWr_1884893
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Thanks Guys, I dont use an i phone. I am currently using an Huawei P30 Pro ..  I just wish there was a tick box in the settings so when I go to use the app on my mobile.  I hit the icon and its on.  Maybe its just me but I find  when surfing on the net, everytime you see something of interest or a post on Facebook you click on it and you have to trawl through all those permissions before you get to what you want to read about. Thanks for your suggestions Cheers!

Bod
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Greetings.

I have a Samsung s22 ultra and I use fingerprint logins for most things. Except for the Smarty app because I cannot find any option to allow it. So maybe that could be added on a future update.

I have the same phone and the same issue, every time I go to the app I have to log in and verify. Getting really annoying. 

MarkWeatherill
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

@JerryWr_1884893 wrote:

Is there a way to save the password. So you don't have to keep typing it in every time you go to use the app.???

My android phone doesn't offer to save or autofill the login fields in the SMARTY app, whereas for most other things, it does. I guess SMARTY has set it that way, by design or otherwise.

Then again, I don't log myself out of the app, so I don't often have to log in, if ever.

Are you logging out of the app each time you use it?

@MarkWeatherill  @JerryWr_1884893  @Fugazi07850  @Bod  This topic has been discussed a bit recently.

All companies have a duty to protect your personal data under GDPR. Your Smarty account has a lot of personal information such as your number email, details of calls that you have made and credit amount on your account. This information would help in identity theft - any random chancer could order a PAC code and close your account and move the number somewhere else before you realised.

Banks have been applying these measures for some time and frequently use two factor verification. Where apps use facial recognition then sometimes there seem to be less steps.

I cannot see that any company in its right mind will REDUCE the level of security on accounts, albeit that people find it annoying to have to sign in.

We know that some devices seem to 'hold on' to the login and do not require frequent authorisation, but that is down to the device and not to Smarty. Apple seem to be be OK for this, but it doesn't last permanently.

Fugazi07850
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I use online banking on this phone and 99% of the time use fingerprint login. I don't have to re-enter username and password every time and then authenticate with a one time code.

@Fugazi07850  Exactly! Your phone is protecting contents with a fairly powerful security method and so it's not necessary. The Smarty app on my iPhone does not constantly require a password as it works on facial recognition. It seems to be people without those methods who have to log in regularly.

If it's anything like my banking app, it also secures the phone (don't understand the tech side) before you can do anything. Some banks also use voice recognition as well as Touch ID or facial ID.

Not sure what you are saying. I was a Three customer who has swapped to the 'sister' company Smarty, never had this issue with the Three app. 90% of the apps I use remember me and I don't need to log in every time.

@Fugazi07850  Any of my apps that give access to important data all are secured by either two factor verification of touch/Face ID. The unimportant ones don't require that - usually just a password.

Skiduk
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

iPhone 14, I have to receive a verification code every time I use the app, and I choose trust this device. It seems the app resets after you haven’t used it for a short period.