cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Smarty for Guernsey

MartinS_2296164
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi, read some of the posts re using Smarty in Guernsey but still a bit confused!  Going for 4 days and I understand that I need to :

1. Change phone settings (do I need to change them back when I have returned to UK?)

2. Purchase £5 add on. I mainly will want to use it for very occasional internet search (eg timetables, restaurant bookings etc) so wont use much. No plans to call anyone and understand incoming calls are not charged?  I do sometimes get a few emails every day so if someone emails me whilst I am out and about (not on hotel wifi) does that count as using data? 

Never had to do this before so am a bit in the dark!  Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@MartinS_2296164  Let's deal with your points:

1. No need to change settings back when you return.

2. Incoming calls are not charged - see Price Guide p20. Emails do use a bit of data - depends upon size of email andante attachments could be larger (up to a few Mb)

Any credit not used can go towards your next regular Smarty plan, so it's not lost.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@MartinS_2296164  Let's deal with your points:

1. No need to change settings back when you return.

2. Incoming calls are not charged - see Price Guide p20. Emails do use a bit of data - depends upon size of email andante attachments could be larger (up to a few Mb)

Any credit not used can go towards your next regular Smarty plan, so it's not lost.