cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redmi 8 Note Pro VoLTE support

Grumpybloke3
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I've got an unlocked Redmi 8 Note Pro which I'm in no hurry to replace.  I'm unable to activate VoLTE or WiFi Calling on Smarty, and I'm aware that I'll be unable to make calls once the 3G network is switched off.

Are there plans to widen the range of supported handsets before the switch-off?  Smarty's guide implies that any phone which is VoLTE compatible should work.

4 REPLIES 4

Raj_1939
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I am in the same boat as I have Redmi Note 8 Pro too. I have been with smarty for 20 months. But now I have no option but to leave smarty and move to a network which supports Redmi note 8 pro. I don't think you are going to get any reply here as it is a community forum and I believe no one knows if smarty will ever add support for this handset. The minimum I have seen is Redmi 11.

@Raj_1939  The is absolutely correct.

People read too much into the suooorted handset lists. My Asus Zenfone 9 wasn’t on Smarty’s list, but worked fine, including on VOLTE. 

Grumpybloke3
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Thanks.  Looking at the Redmi 13 Note Pro, but it isn't listed as supported yet.   Will probably just change network.  Shame really.