cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Porting from old provider

Mariann_1582540
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I had a data only Smarty SIM in my router which I changed the plan on a week ago 100GB. Since then I decided to now transfer my mobile from my old provider so I enterdled my pac code into the account that has my data SIM thinking that once the number has transferred over I can then buy a voice only SIM and place in my phone. BIG MISTAKE! So I was advised yesterday that if I bought a voice sim I can then speak to Smarty to swap the plans, I could keep the original data only sim on my phone so that I could keep my old number and then they could swap the plans, meaning that if I have 80GB of data left that would get transferred to the new SIM which would be in my router and whatever data I have on the new Voice sim would be moved over to the old sim in my phone. Well, what utter rubbish, today I got told that both plans have now been changed, but I can only access the benefits that are currently on my new SIM as of the 27th March as that is when my plan renews. Basically that means I lose what I have paid for on the new Voice Sim and I also lose what is on the data only SIM which is in my phone as that sim has the old number. They then went on to say that if I wish to make calls from my data only SIM then I need to purchase an add on. Sorry, but to me that is not a swap. The only thing I can do is take the voice sim out of my router and put in my phone so I can make calls but then no-one can contact me as they all have my old number. I'm expected to notify the garage, doctors, solicitors, sons school, vets, bank, family and friends of my new number just because Smarty didn't give me accurate information. I am fuming!!!! To top it off, I can't find a complaints procedure anywhere!!

3 REPLIES 3

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

As this is the Smarty customer forum, we canโ€™t help you, you would need to contact Smarty via webchat (Apologies if you have already done that, but as you didnโ€™t paragraph your post, I found it very hard to read)

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Customer support is open from 08.00 to 20.00 each day 

https://smarty.co.uk/contact 

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Mariann_1582540  Quite a lot of info all in one block.

For complaints, go to https://smarty.co.uk and look at bottom of page.

A data only sim has voice and text turned off; I believe that it is possible to get those features turned on if you web chat with Support Team first.

If you have web chat transcript evidence that you were wrongly advised by the team, then I feel that you would have grounds for a complaint.