cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Not receiving calls from a 0800 number when abroad

AngeloDu_961109
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi.. can any one tell me why a phone call from a 0800 goes straight to my voicemail when I am abroad? Many thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@AngeloDu_961109  In your other posts, you commented that you were receiving poor service while in Portugal.

It may be that the call from the 0800 number did not get through as your signal was not strong enough and so it went to voicemail as you appeared 'unavailable'.

I was getting every phone call from the UK aside from the two phone calls from the 0800 number.. sometimes within the same half an hour.. I have been searching online and this seams to be happening also with other operators like O2, 3, and EE.

The thing is, now I need proof of the reason why those calls go straight to the voicemail without ringing.. 

thanks for the feedback.

@AngeloDu_961109  We have seen other posts where people have problems with numbers that although landlines, run via internet telephony.

I do not have any evidence, but I wonder if this may be part of the issue. I have tried to call company and had there message that I 'did not have access to the service'. When I tried later, it connected immediately - it was one of the internet telephony numbers that big companies often use.. I wonder if the same issue is at work here, but in reverse when they call you.