cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet - TP Link Router

NiallMa_1905669
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi all - purchased a Smarty Sim on data only plan to put in a TP Link router for use in our caravan, but Internet is not working. Any suggestions on how to resolve?

All help I've seen gives solutions for phones, not stand alone routers. 

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

Firstly, are you certain that there is a good mobile signal where the caravan is sited?

Yes, there is Internet connection when the sim is inserted in a mobile phone. 

You may need to check the id value in the APN settings is correct, in your router's settings @NiallMa_1905669.

It's not uncommon for mobile broadband router devices to use incorrect values, in their mobile data settings. 

Lyndsey_1902343
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Hi

I am having exactly the same issues.... there seem to be quite a lot of discussions on the Internet about it. I was on the smarty chat for about 8 hours the other day and all they could suggest was changing my APN settings (their APN is mob.asm.net) but that doesn't work. The router itself tells me that no sim is present, smarty sent a new sim but it does the same thing. Hope you get more success than I did!

Does the replacement SIM work in an unlocked mobile phone @Lyndsey_1902343

If the SIM works in the test phone, then perhaps your other device is network locked, or has a fault.

Hi ,  I have exactly the same oriblem,  works in the phone but not in the router,  sent for a different company sim to see if that works

@NiallMa_1905669  You started a new thread and I have replied there.

LisaDedman149
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I’m having exactly the same problem. The Smarty sim works in a phone but not in my TP Link router. I have wifi but no internet connection. Smarty Tech guys are telling me it’s a router problem because the sim works in a phone … not helpful. 

can anyone suggest anything new to try in order to get internet in our caravan please? 

@LisaDedman149  Firstly check that the APN is set to mob.asm.net.

Secondly, you may need an external antenna as the caravan is a metal box which can block electromagnetic signals.