cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No calls or texts for 9 days and counting...

aowaad
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I haven't been able to receive calls or texts since transferring to Smarty 9 days ago - my family can't contact me in an emergency, my children's schools can't contact me in an emergency, I can't access internet banking or any other service that uses my mobile number for 2FA.  There's no sign of a progress update or a resolution after daily contact with Smarty and I'm no closer to either a resolution or a basic idea of when I might have a working number!

Anyone else had this?

6 REPLIES 6

SoniaSm_1865331
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Me too !

when you input the post codes for Network area issues, 80% of london post codes get the same  message from Smarty they say their engineers are working on it.  What is going on Smarty ??

PeterWh_1550878
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hi I have been trying to get OTP Codes (2FA) for months and only recently got the truth from a SMARTY Rep in Chat. Apparently SMARTY does not have the capability to receive OTP Codes from the majority of companies which use it yet! 

Their engineers are supposed to working on this issue round the clock - but now I have demanded and received a Replacement SIM - I HAVE NO SERVICE LIKE YOU! 

I activated the SIM - which took several attempts! Then it also took me a few tries to get credit on the new SIM. However now, several days later it is not recognised on the network and my only option is "EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY" 

Again if you go into chat with India they go through the same BS Scripts, telling you to take the SIM out and try again etc! If there is a problem with the SIM in the tray surely it would have NEVER ACTIVATED! 

To be honest I am trying to find a better solution to all this nonsense in the form of another provider. I have wasted hours and hours in chat - with no real results at all! 

PeterWh_1550878
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

UPDATE - TRY - Go into Chat and ask them to "Reactivate and Refresh" your SIM! 

One of the Support team (Apologies to him, can't remember his name!), but it worked and gave me full functionality within minutes! 

Which was a relief from being told to take my SIM out of the phone.... Sprinkle a bit of Fairy dust....... Lol! Just TELL one of them what he did! And Good luck to ya! 

Nathan
Team SMARTY
Team SMARTY

Hey,

First off I'm really sorry to see that this is the experience your having with SMARTY. Without any access to the account its hard to say what may be causing your issues.

If you haven't already please speak to one of the team here: https://smarty.co.uk/contact

This will allow us to access the account and see what is actually going wrong, I hope we can resolve these issues quickly for you. 

Christi_2049336
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Only just changed to Smarty this week and can’t receive texts or calls. Is it the plan I’m on or something very wrong

SabineM_2582551
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Same problem. Texts work fine after porting from Vodafone, but no OTPs.  Support seem unable to help; have tried reset, restart, cleared cache etc. Not sure if there is an answer from the community - mainly posting to raise the profile.  Unacceptable that Smarty just shrug; life (bank accounts etc,) depends on OTPs