cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

network and services

Brianna_2255727
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

hi, when i tryed phoning some mobile number i get you are not authorized to make this call. anyone else had this.

3 REPLIES 3

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

No, I havenโ€™t 

What sort of mobile number is it ?

My GP surgery sometimes uses a mobile number, like the Saturday just gone, advising me to ring them on the usual number, to book a  flu jab.

The number they use, although it looks like a regular number, does not receive incoming calls or texts. Could you possibly be trying to call this type of number ? 

Only other thing I can suggest is that you may have been blocked from calling the number. 

WelshPaul
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@Brianna_2255727 wrote:

hi, when i tryed phoning some mobile number i get you are not authorized to make this call. anyone else had this.

Can you provide us with the first six digits of the number your trying to call @Brianna_2255727?
Not all mobile numbers are free to call from UK networks.

jassingh
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

This sounds like potential cold-caller symptoms - they call from like a one-way number and then when you try and ring the number back it, either by magic, 'doesn't exist' or because its some premium rate shenanigans, you won't be able to make the call anyway! They may try again at some point - some phones do a better job with 'screening' these callers such as Pixel phones so you have some idea who it might be. Call them 'spam' or 'unsolicited', if you will.

@WelshPaul makes a good point about checking the number using online directories to see the origin of it, even if you know what it starts with it may be helpful. Especially if you think it could be something genuine.