cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My son's mobile number now the primary number and can't change.

BrianLe_2387778
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

After having enough of my previous provider, I swapped my son to Smarty which went brilliantly. 

I then swapped my own number to Smarty as soon as my previous contract ended with the same provider as my son.

The problem I have is my son now has the primary account number so all verification, etc goes to his. 

I contacted smarty, explained the situation and requested that mine became the main account number. I was told that this wasn't possible and I would need to move to a different provider and then bring both numbers back in the correct order.

Surely it can't be that difficult to swap them around?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WelshPaul
SMARTY Centurion
SMARTY Centurion

When joining SMARTY it's best if you creates your own personal SMARTY account and then join a group. This way, you can leave one group to join another, create your own group or simply manage your own personal account.

If the group owner created your SMARTY account then you cannot leave that group to join another, create your own group or manage your own personal account.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@BrianLe_2387778  It sounds like he started the group by inviting you. If that is the case, then everything went correctly.

If Smarty say they won't do the swap, I'm not sure what else can be done. 

If you moved your son's account first, I'm assuming that you have full access and can control it - isn't that fine, at least until he sees a reason to move on elsewhere (if he does at all)?

WelshPaul
SMARTY Centurion
SMARTY Centurion

When joining SMARTY it's best if you creates your own personal SMARTY account and then join a group. This way, you can leave one group to join another, create your own group or simply manage your own personal account.

If the group owner created your SMARTY account then you cannot leave that group to join another, create your own group or manage your own personal account.

WelshPaul
SMARTY Centurion
SMARTY Centurion