cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My pac code expires in 3 days

Angibobs
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I ordered my sim a week ago and ought to have received it by now but I haven't.

I'm concerned if I request a replacement by the time it arrives my pac code will have expired.

Any ideas what's best to do?

6 REPLIES 6

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Centurion
SMARTY Centurion

Don’t panic - If your SIM card hasn’t arrived by the tine your current PAC code arrives, you simply request a new PAC code. 

Don’t forget that instead of ordering another SIM card from Smarty, you can get one from corner shops. B&M stores, the Range and Sainsbury’s for just £1. That may be a quicker option for you. 

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Angibobs PAC code normally is valid for 30 days. If it expires, order a new one from your old network.

Angibobs
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Yes but I'd had the code a while 

I added the code to my Smarty order. Will I be able to change it if I get a new code?

Been waiting a week for the sim.

Thanks 

So, you entered the PAC code when you ordered your SIM card ? 

I am guessing you followed the instructions on the webpage below : 

https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/7019273-keeping-your-number 

Which includes :

9. You will now receive a confirmation that we've got your details, as well as information about next steps.

• Complete your order and wait for your SIM to be delivered.

• Activate it before (3 working days) the PAC expiry date.

• Once the SIM is active, we will bring your number to SMARTY within one working day, unless you choose a different date.

Usually, Smarty SIM cards arrive within 1 or 2 days, so in your case, you probably need to contact Smarty via webchat, explain the situation and see what they can do for you, as this the Smarty community forum, we are customers just like you, so don’t have access to account details etc. 

If you can, it’s always best to use a PAC code as early as possible within its 30 day life, to avoid situations like this.

@Angibobs Can you check to see if your old sim still works on the old network? If it has been moved to Smarty, then it won't work and you will know that Smarty have used the PAC to move your number.

It may be time to web chat with Support Team. They could issue a replacement sim if yours has been lost in the post and you will need to activate it according to instructions before it will work. On reporting it lost, your account would be suspended until the replacement is activated, so the lost one won't be of any use to somebody who finds it.

Angibobs
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Thank you.

I'll contact wen chat