cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost sim card

KateHan_1650138
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I’m travelling abroad for one month and have bought a Vietnam SIM card for my trip (kept my UK number) however I’ve now lost my smarty sim. If I cancel my sim and order a new one will I get cut off from things like WhatsApp? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

No, you won’t get cut off from WhatsApp, as that works over data (mobile network and Wi-Fi) 

Your Smarty account will be blocked when you order a new SIM, until you activate a new one. 

https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/1215834-what-to-do-if-your-sim-card-gets-lost-or-stolen 

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@KateHan_1650138  If you are using the Vietnamese sim for data, that should continue.

While your smarty account will be suspended until the replacement card is activated, your phone itself will not be blocked. (I think you may have to wait until you are in the UK to activate the replacement sim, but I am not certain).

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Yes, you are correct @KateHan_1650138 will need to be in the UK to activate her replacement SIM card, as SIMs do not activate when roaming on a foreign network, unfortunately.