cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to port a 2nd number to replace original? Ie use a 2nd PAC code?

KarlBra_2234139
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

So I got a Smarty Sim for my son as his old contract had expired.

He ported his number over to Smart.

I then got him a new phone for Christmas and he’s happy to keep the new number as social media etc is not tied to his number.

I have his old IPhone 12 which has his Smarty sim in it - contract in my name.

I still have the Smarty contract. Now my Vodafone phone has died and I’ve been paying £38 for a 2018 Original iPhone SE. I have a PAC code from Vodafone.

Can I port my old number over the top of the existing number (after an original port at the start of the contract for my son).

I can cancel “his sim”:and reorder a new one to port my Vodafone number to but seems a bit of a faff when it’s already set up as long as it’s possible to port a 2nd PAC code to the Smarty contract.

Thanks for any help. Cheers

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Tascha
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hi @KarlBra_2234139 - yes you would be able to port a number over the top of an existing ported number. There is no limit to how many times you can port numbers into any single account.

It's important to note though that once you port a number into an account, it will automatically terminate the number that was there before it. Similarly, when you port a number out of an account that will also automatically terminate that account. 

In other words, if you port your number over to your son's original account it will permanently terminate his number. And if you want to save your son's number by porting it to a different account, it will automatically terminate that original account meaning you can't then port your own number over to it.

Hopefully that made sense - if you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask!

View solution in original post

Great Thanks.

Yes realised that porting my old number over my son’s number will cause him to lose that. As per my original message he’s not worried about that as he’s not tied to the number and has already signed in to Insta and Snapchat etc using those ID’s.

Thank you so as long as he doesn’t mind losing the old number I can port over that.

Saves porting his to his new phone killing the Smarty sim and then having to order a new one to port mine to!

Thank you

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Not sure if this is possible or otherwise, @KarlBra_2234139. Forum members here can't access customer accounts, so you'll most likely need to discuss this with the SMARTY customer service team. 

Contact the support team at https://smarty.co.uk/contact, then scroll down to "Start a conversation".  

The advisers work until 8pm everyday. 

KarlBra_2234139
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Thank you.

I was wondering if anybody had experience of porting a 2nd number over the top of a previously number as possible in principle.

Will try customer service tomorrow if no further responses / experiences.

Thanks

Tascha
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hi @KarlBra_2234139 - yes you would be able to port a number over the top of an existing ported number. There is no limit to how many times you can port numbers into any single account.

It's important to note though that once you port a number into an account, it will automatically terminate the number that was there before it. Similarly, when you port a number out of an account that will also automatically terminate that account. 

In other words, if you port your number over to your son's original account it will permanently terminate his number. And if you want to save your son's number by porting it to a different account, it will automatically terminate that original account meaning you can't then port your own number over to it.

Hopefully that made sense - if you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask!

Great Thanks.

Yes realised that porting my old number over my son’s number will cause him to lose that. As per my original message he’s not worried about that as he’s not tied to the number and has already signed in to Insta and Snapchat etc using those ID’s.

Thank you so as long as he doesn’t mind losing the old number I can port over that.

Saves porting his to his new phone killing the Smarty sim and then having to order a new one to port mine to!

Thank you