cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EU Roaming

AndrewSu_936885
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

What are the rules around roaming, especially in Spain (main land)? Currently on 100GB SIM.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Chalkychap
SMARTY Major Player
SMARTY Major Player

You can use your SMARTY plan's allowances while roaming in Spain @AndrewSu_936885.

The only restriction being your mobile data allowance is limited to 12GB while roaming in the EU.

There's more information in the online help article at:
Roaming and international | SMARTY Help Centre 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Chalkychap
SMARTY Major Player
SMARTY Major Player

You can use your SMARTY plan's allowances while roaming in Spain @AndrewSu_936885.

The only restriction being your mobile data allowance is limited to 12GB while roaming in the EU.

There's more information in the online help article at:
Roaming and international | SMARTY Help Centre 

I am using SMARTY for the first time abroad and finding the EU roaming is fairly hopeless, only getting 3G irrespective of which network I log onto. Whereas in exactly the same location, my wife on giffgaff is getting a stunning 5G service. Think I’ll be going back to Giffgaff.

Not sure if you happen to be in España, but Giffgaff is a subsidiary of Telefonica who also happen to own Movistar - the biggest network there. Maybe this accounts for better service level there?

Im in Germany. Can only get E service (across all networks) it’s unusable. Friend with me us on Tescos network and working nicely. Awful experience and wish id not bothered. Will be going back to Voxi when i land!

Yes, I was on Giffgaff, but don't forget, there is a maximum of 5GB use. After that it will cost you a small fortune. Better 3G with 12GB, than 5G with only 5GB allowance. Think about it.