Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esim and losing customers

MrMas
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Smarty reply:

" We have no plans to offer Esims "

Do you have plans for losing customers who have been with you for years ?

6 REPLIES 6

Rebekah_150
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

we do not have a date for when this will be released but e-sims are something we are looking into. Smarty appreciates your feedback, can I ask where you received that information?

MikeSte_2365419
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Another customer you're loosing due to no eSim support. Please add this

@MikeSte_2365419  With the exception of the Moderators, the rest of the members here don't work for Smarty.

To a large extent, you are "preaching to the converted". However, for many of us, the lack of sims is not a deal breaker as our needs are met by conventional sims.

Now I have no idea why there is a delay, but I assume that Smarty don't feel that they are losing too many customers as a direct result of this lack of esim.

3 now supports eSIM for post and pre-paid services. Competitive plans, decent prices still. I've switched out to 3 as I need eSIM. 

@give-us-eSIM  For the last year customers have often brought up this issue, but still there is no e-sim support.

For some unexplained reason, this does not appear to be a priority for Smarty.

Yes, I'm sure they will lose a few customers, but perhaps they are balancing that against the huge numbers that they are gaining?

give-us-eSIM
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

Smarty has bigger issues than eSIM (unfortunately). The reality is that when the Voda / Hutchinson merger is complete, Smarty or Voxi are not sustainable as separate entities. One of the experimental brands will fold, just as 3 will fold into Vodafone in the next few years. Just look at how quickly Sprint folded into TMUS here in the US. 

re eSIM; there was a post on LinkedIn from the chap who runs commercials for Smarty attending a prepaid conference where one of the components was how to take commercial advantage of eSIM in a prepaid world.  I'm of the opinion that if the commercial stakeholders of a carrier haven't worked that part out yet, then they're never going to be executing successful. I certainly wouldn't hire them.