cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does a Smarty Sim Work in a Smart Watch?

BlueSmarty
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I bought a cheap smart watch with a sim card tray. My activated smarty sim doesn't work. Occasionally I get bars and 4g then nothing again.

Do smarty sims actually work in watches or am I wasting my time? 

3 REPLIES 3

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@BlueSmarty I understood that most of the big name smart watches used an e-sim, so this sounds something different.

I suppose that you will need to check that the Settings are correct for the watch - time to dig out the manual maybe? (Does it perhaps work via an app on your phone?)

Hi, 

Given the price and 'no brand' nature of the watch, the instructions were very limited. Just 'put the sim in, and reboot and it'll work'. I've scrolled through all the watch settings and there isn't anywhere I can check or edit the sim options. I've ordered a LEMFO LEM 12 watch instead and I'll try the sim in that. However, I just wanted to know whether it was the sim or the watch that doesn't work. 

SmartyTrousers
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

I don't think Smarty officially supports any smart watches, not least because most of them use eSIMs, which Smarty doesn't currently support (and even that alone isn't enough to support the Apple Watch and some others).

If yours has a physical SIM slot then in theory it should work to an extent, but you might find that it only supports some of the frequency bands used by Smarty, which may be the cause of the patchy service you're seeing. In addition, it may not work properly with Smarty's VoLTE (4G calling), as even some fairly popular handsets aren't compatible.