Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Different number on account and card

Stephen_2869126
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi,

I've tried activating my SIM, but the number on the plastic sim card and the number on my account are different.

I carried on regardless, and the SIM isn't working in my phone.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Stephen_2869126 When you say the number on your account - do you mean the mobile number? This is only allocated once you have activated the sim and won't be the same as any serial number on the sim.

Have you given it a while to activate and also tried turning your phone off and then back on after a minute or two?

Also, does your account dashboard show a current Smarty plan - nothing will connect if you don't haven in place.

@MSF The SIM includes a "Your SMARTY Number" beginning 077xx so I figured that'd be my mobile number too... but it makes sense that it'd just be the one online. 

My dashboard includes a different number (but obviously we are saying that's my actual number). I've got a 2GB (ยฃ5) plan. Originally I was planning on using this SIM in a 4G hotspot, but I'm testing it in my phone at the moment. I've set up the APN (using the guide), but my phone is saying that the sim card isn't provisioned yet...

Hey  Stephen_2869126 

I recommend speaking to our customer care team as you may have received a blank bonus SIM rather than the SIM associated with your account. https://smarty.co.uk/contact available daily from 8am โ€“ 8pm.