cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data warning

lynneca_123
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi I have 120 gbs,but when I am using  my data it says e:g warning 2 of 5gbs used,why 5 when I have 120 ? thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@lynneca_123 

A. Check what Smarty plan shows on your account.

B. If not correct, start a web chat with Support Team as they can look t your account, whereas we forum members cannot do that.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

This is the community forum, we are Smarty customers, like you, so cannot of course access account details. 

Log in to your account online or check the app on your phone, to see exactly what plan you have, especially as Smarty do not offer a 120 Gigabytes of data plan, neither do they offer a  5 Gigabyte plan.

See the plans here :

https://smarty.co.uk/all-plans 

Are you sure you’re a Smarty Mobile customer ?

SimonBu_2590675
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I presume you are on Android:

Regardless of your data plan or the network you use, you have to set your data limits and threshold on your phone. The message you are getting is only a warning and would not effect the functionality of your phone, its just a warning you are close to your data limits.

It would seem the warning threshold on your phone is still on the default setting. Your actual data limit can not be detected automatically and has to be set manually, to reflect your actual data limit.

To change your data threshold limits:

1. Click on SETTINGS (cog).

2. Click on CONNECTIONS

3. Click on DATA USAGE

4. Click on BILLING CYCLE AND DATA WARNING.

5. Click on START BILLING CYCLE ON, change the date to the date in the month your data limit refreshes. 

6. Click the switch next to SET DATA WARNING to on.

7. Click on DATA WARNING, set it to 115 GB.

8. Click the switch next to SET DATA LIMIT to on.

9. Click on DATA LIMIT, set to 120 GB

Your phone will now warn you that you are nearing your data limit  when you reach 115 GB, and will stop you using your data when you have reached 120 GB. This will stop you incuring charges for going over your limit.

Just incase you are on Apple, there should be something similar there.

Kind regards,

Simon.

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@lynneca_123 

A. Check what Smarty plan shows on your account.

B. If not correct, start a web chat with Support Team as they can look t your account, whereas we forum members cannot do that.

Thank you,I've checked today and it's gone back to the start of 5gbs again,I think it must just show blocks of 5 rather than the whole amount at once,thank you for your assistance.

@lynneca_123 Not too sure that you would expect that! A web chat as in B. of my original reply is what is needed here.

Did you read @SimonBu_2590675 advice above ? That will fix your issue.

Smarty still doesn’t offer 5 GB or 120 GB plans though.