cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHANGING DEVICES

SallyAd_2131985
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I currently use my smarty sim in a TP Link device but the signal and speed isn’t very good.  I’m thinking of buying a different device and using my smarty sim in that one instead.  My question is can I just swap the sim over to a new device or is there a process I have to follow?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@SallyAd_2131985  If you re trying to watch video, then a mobile signal may not always be sufficient. smarty do make it clear that you should not rely on it as a broadband replacement.

It would also be worth you doing a Coverage check based upon your postcode and also a Network Status check to see if there are any problems locally. Of course, it may end up that you are just  in a poor area for signal from Smart (Three network).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@SallyAd_2131985 The sim should work in any device - provided that it fits physically (sims come in three sizes).

You may need to change the device APN to mob.asm.net in order for it to work properly.

Changing the device won't necessarily increase the speed or signal though.

Thank you I will bare this in mind when I change it.  The device I brought from my sister and she had the same problem as I do.  The download speed isn’t great and I want to use a fire stick without the buffering.

@SallyAd_2131985  If you re trying to watch video, then a mobile signal may not always be sufficient. smarty do make it clear that you should not rely on it as a broadband replacement.

It would also be worth you doing a Coverage check based upon your postcode and also a Network Status check to see if there are any problems locally. Of course, it may end up that you are just  in a poor area for signal from Smart (Three network).

Vip3r09
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

My advice is to buy cheapest 5G device and try using Giffgaff, VOXI or Smarty in the phone to test which network gives you the best results.