cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send mms on my Android phone.

Glenndalf
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi I community, I recently purchased a new Android phone an Honor 90 to be precise.  I've checked my APN settings and it's all correct.  But every time I try to send an MMS picture message it fails and says content is not supported. I never had this problem on my old Android phone.  Any help or advice would be much appreciated thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

There's a max limit to the picture size SMARTY support with an MMS message @Glenndalf

Probably best to make sure the image is less than 300 KB, to be sure it will be sent.

Any reason for not using WhatsApp or the RCS features in Android Messages app to do this @Glenndalf?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

There's a max limit to the picture size SMARTY support with an MMS message @Glenndalf

Probably best to make sure the image is less than 300 KB, to be sure it will be sent.

Any reason for not using WhatsApp or the RCS features in Android Messages app to do this @Glenndalf?

Glenndalf
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Ah thanks mate for your prompt reply, I weren't aware of that. I will use them services instead in the future. 

Decembersangel
SMARTY Spark
SMARTY Spark

Hi @Glenndalf 👋
I have an android phone also and when I want to send a picture (MMS) message I have to turn on my mobile data. Have you tried this (if like me you leave your mobile data unconnected until it is needed)? It doesn't cost any extra and doesn't use any data doing this.
Just a thought 🤔 😁 and other than that I have no idea 🙃