cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Biometric log in

KevinFr_2188106
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Every time I come out of the Smarty app the Biometric log in disables itself.

So basically when I try and get on the app the next time I have to re enter my email, password and receive a text code before I can get on the app 

Just wondering if anyone else he as had this issue?

11 REPLIES 11

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@KevinFr_2188106  This has been frequently discussed recently.

Smarty is taking its responsibilities under GDPR seriously. Your account contains a fair amount of personal information - name, number, email, phone usage info, payment info etc. By using two factor verification, this prevents some random person who has happened upon your password logging into your account and stealing that important info.

Many accounts where you have that type of info are using two factor verification - banks, credit cards etc. Some devices with extra security such as Touch ID or Face ID will 'hold' your account open.

I can accept the reason.

However,what is the point of having the Biometric finger print option if all it does is open the email, password & enter code page. Surely there is no point to the Biometric option unless it gives you immediate access to your account.

Michael_T
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

I’m equally frustrated by the latest update from SMARTY to their app, and have raised this matter on another thread for discussion.

My banking apps use biometrics, and I can use Face ID to open them, and I don’t have to then start from scratch and login again each time I use them?…so, why has SMARTY turned off this feature?  Ticking use Face ID works for a few hours, then it reverts back to requiring the username/password + SMS CODE?…so, if this the case why have an option in the app to use biometrics?

@Michael_T,

Smarty have probably gone the security route they have rather than utilising face recognition partly due to some phones not having this function available, and it's cheaper, so not adding to the cost to us

@Strandloper  The thing is the app has a menu to enable the Biometrics…so those without it on their phone, then yes having to login in each time makes perfect sense for security…but when the app has a feature to turn on biometrics, but ignores this…it kind of defeats the object of having there at all!!

I’m currently raising this with SMARTY now, as I’m sick of having to re login each time I want to see my credit!

@Michael_T,

I've chosen to not enable biometrics on my phone as I can unconscious, while someone points the phone at my face or finger prints (most people will use one of two fingers for biometrics).

I find it preferable to keep passwords safely memorised, and this phone (or other technologies) are that little bit safer (or at least to me).

That said,I fully support your (and other peoples) choice to use different security features that are available to most of us.

I hope the relevant team come up with an answer that is helpful to you 😊

It’s a personal choice with biometrics, whether you wish to turn this feature on or off.  My frustration is that even though this is switched on in app, the app simply doesn’t remember it since the update 2 weeks ago!

My app is iPhone, so Apple iOS, and you can chose to save username and passwords in iOS? …so, I suppose this feature could be enhanced to support those without biometrics or choose not use this feature…

@Michael_T,

Agreed, it's personal choice, and it is frustrating for things to not work the way you want.

iPhones are not my strong point. I'm more used to Android or Linux.

I use all these OS, as my work phone is Android, and used Linux many many years ago!  They both have pros and cons…it’s whatever you’re comfortable with@Strandloper.  I’m on iOS because iMessage is preferable as all my family have iPhones and iPads…so works well for me!  I also like that Apple deploy immediate security patches…but you pay the premium hardware cost for that 😆!

Well, let’s hope they find a solution at SMARTY to this for both Android and iOS users, because the way it is currently configured is a Step backwards!

@Michael_T,

Certainly not having the choice for our security choices isn't the best. May we all move forward 😊

Michael_T
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

I’ve raised this with SMARTY, and they are going to email the relevant team to investigate this…3-5days

I’ve mentioned that a number of people are equally flagging this problem on the Community pages…