cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

5g connection

MichaelSlatz
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My device is not listed on the phone 5g supported devices list in help and support. I own a Nokia g50 which can do 5G connection. As this network piggybacks on the three network, I used a similar priced network "ID" but only got a 4G connection. Does anyone have the same phone or a 5G enabled device that has connected to the 5G on smarty? because I really want to join this network again. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

LouisK
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hi @MichaelSlatz 

Many thanks for getting in touch. 

We have a list of devices that we have tested and know that will definitely work with 5G. They can be found here: https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/5871549-which-devices-are-compatible-with-5g. Your device, as you probably already know, is not yet on the list, which means it hasn't been tested by us to confirm if 5G will work or not. 

Having said that, I personally have heard from customers who have managed to pick up a 5G connection on devices that are not on our list, so it's possible you'll be able to pick one up with your device, although, we're unable to guarantee this. 

Just to let you know we do offer a '14 Day Money Back Guarantee', which means you could give us a try and if you're not able to pick up a 5G connection, you can claim a refund, no questions asked!

Hope this information helps.

Best wishes,

LouisK

View solution in original post

MikeHorn_626296
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hi 

My wife and I both have that model Nokia and the 5g works fine where it's available on the smarty network 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Iroberts99
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

No problem using the 5G network with Smarty

LouisK
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hi @MichaelSlatz 

Many thanks for getting in touch. 

We have a list of devices that we have tested and know that will definitely work with 5G. They can be found here: https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/5871549-which-devices-are-compatible-with-5g. Your device, as you probably already know, is not yet on the list, which means it hasn't been tested by us to confirm if 5G will work or not. 

Having said that, I personally have heard from customers who have managed to pick up a 5G connection on devices that are not on our list, so it's possible you'll be able to pick one up with your device, although, we're unable to guarantee this. 

Just to let you know we do offer a '14 Day Money Back Guarantee', which means you could give us a try and if you're not able to pick up a 5G connection, you can claim a refund, no questions asked!

Hope this information helps.

Best wishes,

LouisK

Brookhouse
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

I'm surprised the iPhone SE is not on the list? It's been out a while and is a good budget phone for price-wise Smarty customers. I'm sure it would work but I'd like to have confirmation before committing to purchase.

MikeHorn_626296
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hi 

My wife and I both have that model Nokia and the 5g works fine where it's available on the smarty network 

leedorney
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

The Poco (Xiaomi) X4 Pro 5g works fine on 5g ๐Ÿ‘, tho this comes down to the bands that this network uses; https://halberdbastion.com/intelligence/mobile-networks/three-uk-3

Discodoggie
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

DooGee V10 Rugged phone 5G as a Hotspot over 1000Mbps. Absolutely awesome. Runs a Shield, Firestick, tablet and Game Streaming all at the same time without breaking a sweat 11/10

MichaelSlatz
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot for the help. I have ordered a new sim card for my existing account. just going to have to wait qnd see. if im stuck in 4g, it won't matter much for now.

Comes back and tell us when you do get it ?

KeldOru_1443787
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi, got an Oppo A74 5G and it's very 5G happy. Only tried once on the train in London but it was flying.

PeteBen_1450465
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I use a iPhone no problem 5g on smarty

Martcal
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My Motorola Edge 30 works fine on 5g.

Wardysays
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

Test

IPhone 13 Pro/iPad Mini 6/AirPods Pro/Apple Watch Ultra

MikeHorn_626296
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hi 

Just an update the 5g was working perfectly fine on my Nokia g50 at Christmas but has now stopped I put a three sim in and 5g works had a webchat with smarty they say it won't work seems strange it was working ok I think it's a smarty sim issues

Don't know if they have a technical department that could look in to this hope this helps