cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

3g switch off - OnePlus 3T phone

AlexHug_2031803
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Received email saying phone may not be compatible - unsure why it would be fine on three but not smarty and they only believe it may not work. I can make calls with 4g and volte so I had thought till today I was ok. Lost an hour on chat which didn't answer my question. Will I be ok or need to move network or change phone. 

3 REPLIES 3

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@AlexHug_2031803  For completeness, can you tell us who sent you the email? How would smarty know what phone you normally use as you could move the sim back and forth between phones at will?

AlexHug_2031803
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi 

Smarty sent an email saying 3g switch off starts 9th Sept and due to take two weeks.

To check here if phone listed: https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/8985136-checking-if-your-device-is-4g-volte-compatible

And if it is then it isnt compatible. My issue is my phone does 4g calls with volte so I thought this meant I was okay. 

Alex

@AlexHug_2031803  Thanks for clarifying - I may have overlooked that email (possibly did not note it as I am not affected).

I wonder if you will get a definitive answer anywhere. I guess it may come down to crossing fingers and hoping that it continues to work, if it does now.