Did you mean: 

WIN BIG THIS SUMMER

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

SMR0157_Summer_Giveaway_Featured_Post_600x420px_Opt1@1x.png

WIN BIG THIS SUMMER

From a posh picnic to a grand getaway!

Would jetting off with a friend to Europe for a fabulous 4* city break complete your summer?

Well, it’s one of the BIG prizes up for grabs in our huge summer giveaway – win 3 nights in a 4* hotel for two with return flights, private airport transfers, travel insurance and £200 spending money. And when it comes to choosing the destination, you’re the boss. Take your pick of return flights from selected UK airports to either Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Copenhagen, Dubrovnik, Lisbon, Paris, Prague, Rome or Stockholm. The prize is worth over £2,500!

That’s not all, there’s loads of these great prizes up for grabs too:

• Fortnum & Mason picnic hampers x 5
  • Luxury three-piece luggage sets from Rock x 5
  • GoPro HERO 12 cameras x 5
  • Beats SOLO 4 wireless headphones x 5
  • Tile Pro 4 pack (to keep track of your luggage) x 5
  • Tile Pro 2 pack x 10

HOW CAN I WIN BIG?

It’s so easy. Just answer this question to be entered into the prize draw for your chance to bag our grand getaway or one of our other super prizes:

• What is your best hack for summer getaway?

The Prize Draw opens 22/07/24 at 10:00 and closes on 01/09/24 at 11:59 (“Promotion Period”). 

To enter the Prize Draw entrants must be a SMARTY customer and have an active plan as at the end date of the Promotion Period.  Entrants must have registered for the SMARTY Community within the Promotion Period and be over 18 years of age and a UK resident (“Eligible Entrants”).

Only one entry per entrant. Winners will be selected at random.

For full terms click here

Team SMARTY

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries. Keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had almost three thousand posts !

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

2,842 REPLIES 2,842

NicolaD_2441671
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Check trip advisor before you book 

DAVIDGIB_476262
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Plan an itinerary of what you want to do 

PeterO_1522280
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Roll rather than fold your clothes. Easier to fit in a bag and minimize creases.

Strangebones
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Research the place you're going before you leave and travel light.

NinaJam_1901680
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Get a SMARTY Euro pass when I go on my holidays! 😜

DanielB_2281944
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Stay away from popular destinations, find a hidden gem location instead. 

PhilipB_1008082
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

If I were hacking on a horse then some highland hills. If I were hacking with an axe then the forests of Finland. If I were hacking a computer then maybe a Hotel in Helsinki. If I were a newspaper hack then in the mortuary I would mightily deserve. If I had a hacking cough then I might partake of healing herbs from the Hebrides.

mitchiemasha
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Don't hit too much sun, it'll knock you out, you'll be way too sleepy!

Stephan_1749553
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I like to take a friend somewhere remote to enjoy the peace and quiet.

Steph_E
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Clear your web browser cache before purchasing flights. Multiple searches of the same flights increases the price shown. Clearing the cache prior to actually purchasing and researching can decrease flight cost.

MarkIng_2832812
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Copy all documents passport, visa etc to your phone incase they get lost and replacements needed

MarkIng_2832812
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Make copies of all documents to your phone incase any get lost and replacements needed

KatieBlo_348119
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Only take hand luggage!!

ClaireB_2344514
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Wait til September!

DanyelG_2208180
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Unplug from all social media and enjoy the moment.

Rebecca_1213707
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Make lists and put things in the bag as soon as you think of them!

MichaelC_771047
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Travel light, pack the essentials and a spare or two but leave the massive heavy suitcase at home as you rarely need or use all the stuff you packed just in case .. and if you do next extra it’s easy to rinse stuff out and dry overnight or just treat yourself to a few new odds and ends when you’re there.  

Mike

Stephen_2177560
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My hack is to go to one of the flight apps like Ryanair and look out for promotions then think of the destinations you'd really like to go to and reverse check which UK airports are on that route. So for example if you want to fly to Malaga put that in the app as your departure airport and note down which UK airports are available. Then reverse that and go through each in turn until you find the best price, keep doing that until you see one that suits your budget. Check regularly as prices can change from day to day, if you see a good price go for it don't wait for it to go up again!

PeterWard_67287
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Pack up a rucksack, put on earbuds, jump on a train and head north to Scotland.  Enjoy some piece and quiet exploring and wild camping in the mountains of the highlands.

AlexBro_1895809
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

cargo jogging pants or shorts. Can't beat having extra pockets when travelling. Clipable phone holder to clip to the plane seat in front of you. Download lots of content for the flight. Two sets of wireless ear buds so you always have battery. Also, two phones. 

A_H
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Don't eat yellow snow!

JamesBu_2829081
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Beware of hidden costs associated with booking cheap holidays

DavidWo_2167724
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Take my personal phone with smarty SIM to enjoy roam like home benefits! 

Christo_1745432
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Only take a carry on bag with items that mix and match with each other so you get maximum flexibility out of your clothing. 

DominicE_266149
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Buy postcards for yourself, say 1 per day. This is for two reasons: 1. a professional photographer is going to get a better shot of whatever iconic thing you have seen than you ever can, and 2. write on the postcards to journal what you've done each day so they're a reminder of your trip for future you.

carolecr_516555
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Pack light

carolecr_516555
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

pack light

BradleyG_538720
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Advance forward planning such as; booking for trips, travelling around destination, google best places to visit and eat, go on website to see reviews.

ROBERTBRE_82045
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

If you're thinking on going on a city break then look at wikipedia to see the list of the biggest cities in a chosen country and head down to one you've never heard of before and do some research online. You could find many real gems.

JeebinP_230686
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Purchase air-conditioning!

AlanYou_2083758
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Pack smartly - pack SMARTY. 

Anarchist58
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Be a Smart(y) Alec and pack light - and don’t forget a charger. 

Michael_1707621
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Use a simple business card to turn on your hotel lights and air conditioning, then when you leave the room, you'll come back to a beautifully cool room to relax in.

Michael_1707621
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Use any business card to put in your hotel room key card switch, this meaning you can go out and come back to an air conditioned cool room to relax in without having to leave a key card inside.

TeresaM_2541043
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My phone . The internet. And some  time to find my dream getaway at a perfect price . Bliss ☀️🏖

Vix
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I think for me it's just do SOMETHING. Anything. Don't sweat the planning so much you get overwhelmed and don't end up doing anything. Pick something and just do it.

Signatus
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

We always have a number of packed things we never empty and are always ready to go, so we never forget. Toiletries and an electrics bag with adapters and cables, for example.

JohnSym_2892572
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Treat Bug Bites With Toothpaste

J-M
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Turn your phone off and look around.

PaulaGa_2621120
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Travel light, be spontaneous.