Did you mean: 

WIN BIG THIS SUMMER

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

SMR0157_Summer_Giveaway_Featured_Post_600x420px_Opt1@1x.png

WIN BIG THIS SUMMER

From a posh picnic to a grand getaway!

Would jetting off with a friend to Europe for a fabulous 4* city break complete your summer?

Well, it’s one of the BIG prizes up for grabs in our huge summer giveaway – win 3 nights in a 4* hotel for two with return flights, private airport transfers, travel insurance and £200 spending money. And when it comes to choosing the destination, you’re the boss. Take your pick of return flights from selected UK airports to either Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Copenhagen, Dubrovnik, Lisbon, Paris, Prague, Rome or Stockholm. The prize is worth over £2,500!

That’s not all, there’s loads of these great prizes up for grabs too:

• Fortnum & Mason picnic hampers x 5
  • Luxury three-piece luggage sets from Rock x 5
  • GoPro HERO 12 cameras x 5
  • Beats SOLO 4 wireless headphones x 5
  • Tile Pro 4 pack (to keep track of your luggage) x 5
  • Tile Pro 2 pack x 10

HOW CAN I WIN BIG?

It’s so easy. Just answer this question to be entered into the prize draw for your chance to bag our grand getaway or one of our other super prizes:

• What is your best hack for summer getaway?

The Prize Draw opens 22/07/24 at 10:00 and closes on 01/09/24 at 11:59 (“Promotion Period”). 

To enter the Prize Draw entrants must be a SMARTY customer and have an active plan as at the end date of the Promotion Period.  Entrants must have registered for the SMARTY Community within the Promotion Period and be over 18 years of age and a UK resident (“Eligible Entrants”).

Only one entry per entrant. Winners will be selected at random.

For full terms click here

Team SMARTY

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries. Keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had almost three thousand posts !

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

2,845 REPLIES 2,845

This is your time, do whatever makes you happy

The best summer getaway is  just getting there once there you do absolutely nothing. You go with the flow if you want to go out go out if not chill relax unwind let the world go by without a care.

Stargazing: Lie back, gaze up at the night sky, and identify constellations. Use a stargazing app to enhance your experience.

Make sure you got roaming all setup and y just chill out and abuse the bar if all inclusive 👌🏻

Pack smartly, use the suitcase to its fullest, e.g., rolling up t-shirts (instead of normal fold) and seal them with socks from either sides. It saves a lot of space and keeps things neat and organised.

Be creative with accommodations, that's is my best hack!

Always pack a small 4 gang extension cable and adapter to keep your phone and all your other esentials fully charged. 

Book early for best prices.

Back up before you go.

Unlock my phone for using my SMARTY data abroad and download the areas of googlemaps where I will be, so that I can navigate offline.  

Peter 

Travel as light as possible, only take what you need but have a plastic wallet in your hand luggage and hold luggage with printouts of essential documents plus meds must be carried as hand luggage so take a current perscription, your EHIC card for europe, otherwise u pay for treatment and ensure you have the correct doctors letters saying you are entitled to have this medication. Plus check countrys customs to see what maybe prohibited to prevent fines out of your holiday cash. 

My best hack for a summer getaway is to set up a reliable SMARTY overseas roaming service and data plan before you leave. This ensures you stay connected without any unexpected costs. Additionally, plan and book activities in advance to avoid long queues and ensure availability. Finally, pack a versatile wardrobe with mix-and-match pieces to save space and easily adapt to different weather conditions and occasions.

Take plenty of sunscream

Making sure I have plenty of data so I can use app's like google maps, that way I wont get lost and can keep in touch with family and friends.

I use information found online about the sites / holidays. The forums are good if they are up to date and not all reviews will be helpful. I found a youtube video of a holiday in Calabria that we went to for the first time. It was great, as it showed the beach, the areas around the site and mentioned some things to upgrade to. Which we did, the food hall and accomodation. It was really helpful to see what was there and the experience of others. I hope it helps you. vinnychoff

Hi there 👋 

For my personal opinion .. my most important summer holiday hack is finding out about where I can obtain my special foods whilst I'm on my holiday and where I can go to eat safely in cafes and restaurants. Also to make sure that I have the correct information regarding my dietary requirements in their language. It's not a choice for me but a medical requirement!  

I can't enjoy my holidays without a safe and happy full belly! 😊

I just take my daughter, then it's all good ❤️

Enter Smarty's competition, get your bags packed and keep your fingers (and toes) crossed!

Put your after sun in the fridge for an extra cooling effect

Bargain hunting 

investigate the local area and find any areas you would like to visit and places my kids would enjoy going!

Use a Halifax Credit Care to avoid paying additional charges when change money or buy stuff.

Leave all your work behind. You deserve a real holiday.

Take the train to Venice - Eurostar to Paris and the Nightjet to Venice. The station is right beside the Grand Canal

Book early for best deals 

Ask ChatGPT to plan the whole thing for me

Pack comfy slippers, after all the sightseeing you’re going to want to take care of your feet. 

Learn some of the local language before you go! You would be surprised how much joy it brings people when they hear you start a basic conversation in their mother tongue (The most useful is usually can I get a beer please! 😄 )

Being able to use my Smarty data,texts and calls in Europe 

Don’t pet the sharks if you go swimming in the ocean

Always cut your toenails before going on holiday.

Travel light and keep you money in your bra !

Use a vaccume suction and bags to pack lightly 

Download an offline map app, it helps getting around the city easier and safer

Don’t be afraid to try new places and new things!

I like to travel pack snart and travel light - it saves waiting for suitcases when you're getting off the plane and depending on the airline, it saves money too as they can charge for suitcases 🙂

Visit countries that are a little off the beaten track to avoid the crowds! More time to meet nice people and see more! 

Make a map of all the places you want to go to, so when you are wondering around you can easily find your spots!

Pack a 4 way extension lead in your suitcase so you'll only need to take 1 euro adaptor with you to charge up all devices etc

Research secret bars and locals eatery spots