cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Your tracker of choice - AirTag, Chipolo or Tile ?

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

For those of you that use Bluetooth trackers, what is your favourite , and why do you prefer it ?

I am thinking about AirTag, Chipolo and Tile, but if anyone uses another brand, feel free to mention them too.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@JJP2  Just about to get a set of AirTags (from US via friends - much cheaper). I wasn't too sure but then recently we have heard too many cases of luggage being lost (no pun intended!) so thought it worth a try.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@JJP2,

Until you posted this question, I didn't really think about trackers, but having had a look at the three you mention, I'd choose the Tile.  That is primarily based on me using Android phones, Airtag or Chipola might bea better choice for those with iPhones (or other Apple products).

jassingh
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@JJP2 I did a bit of searching and went with the Chipolo bundle quite recently - it includes the card (for wallet) and two trackers to attach to keys. Works really well and what is most useful is a) all features available right out the box so no subscription b) reminders (based on distance) when I've left something behind like my car keys or wallet by sending a push notification. Yeah sounds gimmicky I know but it can be super helpful often times you leave things behind on the way to work.

They're also good value so you can add additional products as and when you need. I use Android so it works nicely there, but its also compatible with iOS.

Might be worth researching what particular features will suit your needs - for example Chipolo doesn't have GPS-level tracking so if that is important to you then you might need to look at the other ones you mentioned - Afaik Tile does have it. I think Bluetooth tracking is sufficient for me on a cost/power basis since using the bluetooth the battery can last years and the trackers are more convenient in size too.

The Chipolo also works nicely with Find My in similar fashion to AirTag. Once you attach it you can forget about it (until you need to locate it!). It's simple tracking through bluetooth without the added extras that you may not even need - not trying to sell it to you though just my opinion of it since I been using it๐Ÿ˜ 

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Thanks for your replies @Strandloper @jassingh 

Food for thought there. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

jassingh
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Hey @JJP in my original reply to you I also forgot something that might be a dealbreaker (depending on how you think of it) in that the use RFID wallets/pouches with these trackers means they can be hit and miss if they will work or not. The companies selling them can't guarantee the trackers will work within these 'faraday cages' (some have tested to say they will be OK) .. and I reckon these are very commonplace now e.g. my keyless entry cars and my wallet are both shielded. 

I learned this the hard way(!) but thought I would point this out incase it affects what you buy ๐Ÿ‘

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

I have used Galaxy SmartTag+, works really well with Samsung phones and AR assisted finder is pretty cool.

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@JJP2  Just about to get a set of AirTags (from US via friends - much cheaper). I wasn't too sure but then recently we have heard too many cases of luggage being lost (no pun intended!) so thought it worth a try.

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Thatโ€™s why I wanted to get AirTags 

Tempted to add one to my council recycling sack - Mine kept disappearing, so ordered a new one from the local council, and have just spray painted my house number through a stencil on the new sack. Chose red paint, so it would stand out, currently looking a serial killer with painted finger nails ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Rose-Mari_82135
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I've got a tile, so easy to set up