cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the UK is turning into china

lukefow_2033993
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/children-could-banned-using-social-31678728

GOVERMENT, stop interfering with our lives, scrap the online safety bill, stop taking our freedom away!

3 REPLIES 3

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@lukefow_2033993  We have freedom of expression and I totally respect that.

I totally disagree with you. I am reminded of the old joke "it must be true because I read it in the Mirror"

There are areas where interference is, in my opinion, totally justified. I think that you will probably find a whole load of overworked child psychologists and psychiatrists who agree.

We are told that adolescent mental health is very poor and anxiety is high. I suggest that much of this is linked to social media use where youngsters feel the need to appear good, look good, keep up with style and fashion etc.

From what you say (here and in other posts) it seems that you are not bothered about child grooming and brainwashing.

I am also not so sure why anyone should have such faith in a single political party.

My opinion.

I agree. As a parent and as someone formerly exposed to sexual content at a very young age. There is no need for children under 16 to access social media, not when the cons outweigh the pros. Children are beginning puberty 2-3years sooner on average in recent years and people wonder why. They are exposed to too much and not just sexual content but news from all over the world. There is an old story that goes something like this:

In a tribe you’d go to a well and collect water. If you see a danger, a tiger maybe, you’d run back to the tribe settlement and tell anyone and everyone to what you saw. Negative news spreads like wildfire. We are built to spread negative news quickly as an instinct. It protects others in the community. However, you wouldn’t hear about tigers at wells half way across the world. The human brain wasn’t made for that. So we not only take in the stressors of our own communities, families, but of around the world….  I think there is a lot to be said for making sure you disconnect from the wider world regularly and focus on grounding yourself. That’s not to say you don’t care about wider world problems like pollution, war, starvation, but is to say that one person can’t carry the weight of the world and it’s healthy to disconnect. Children under 16 don’t need those stresses added to their already challenging teen life.

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Wow. Can’t believe the original post, but given the creator and its previous postings, it’s not a surprise ! 

Neighbours of mine had a child that was grinned online by the type of vile person that we all hear about on the news ! Fortunately, this was nipped in the bud, and no long term damage was done ! 

online safety procedures are there for a reason, only a wrong ‘un would disagree !