YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Featured_Post_Phone Competition@1x.jpg

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE

The competition is now closed and we are pleased to announce that 

YulianK_0-1683108219653.png

@about_a_year  is the winner.

Congratulations @about_a_year; check your private messages and reply with your address. 

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow. 

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions. 

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours.

So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow.

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

To celebrate the launch of the SMARTY Community, we are giving you the chance to win a new Honor Magic 4 lite smart phone.

How to enter

To enter the Prize Draw, entrants will need to log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the “Let us know about your favourite bit of tech” article, during the promotion period.

The draw is open from 16th January 2023 until 28th February 2023.

Please answer at least one of the following questions:

• What do you love most about your current devices?
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

The Prize

honor-magic-4-lite-5g-6128gb-negro-libre_11612326_46330944.png

• Key Features of the Honor Magic 4 lite include:
  • 120Hz Screen Refresh Rate
  • 6nm Snapdragon 695 5G Soc - High Performance, Low Power Consumption
  • 66W HONOR SuperCharge - Have 81% Power in Half an Hour
  • 4800mAh Large Battery - A Big Battery Boosts Your Whole Day
  • HONOR RAM Turbo - RAM Extended, Smooth Experience
  • 48MP Rear Triple Camera - Capturing Vivid Moments

https://www.hihonor.com/uk/phones/honor-magic4-lite/

Closing date is 28th February 2023 and we will inform the winner by direct message on site by 7th March 2023.

The SMARTY Community Terms of Use apply to your registration for and use of the SMARTY Community platform. Competition terms can be found here.

1,064 REPLIES 1,064

martian_1298478
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

What do you love most about your current devices?  doing loads of things on my phone , photos, banking chatting, calendar etc

tanghim
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love that my mobile phone supports the split screen function, so that now I can work on multiple tasks on my phone (while leaving the song player on)!

BrianMet_986591
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love the convergent technology all in one pocket sized device.

BrianPo_1514012
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What I love most about my current tech is interoperability. Virtually anything I do I can easily switch from my phone to my Chromebook and to my Fire Tablet.

GlynGear_927760
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love that my current phone is waterproof.

FahimQure_28414
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Hi, here's my answer to this question:

I would like to see the following features in future tech:

1. Mobile phone tech that you can scroll up.. This is a new form factor, so you could just roll it up like a piece of paper (not just foldables, but scrollables)
  2. I would love to see mobiles that allow you to dual boot across both iOS and Android.

NS
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Huawei P20 Pro, what is there not to love! from the beautiful iridescent colouration on the back of the phone to the beautiful camera!!! Here's to many more years of use, but in the meantime your Honor Light and my P20 Pro could become friends!!!!

PeterHa_1566983
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I'd love to see proper 3D photography on a mobile phone

Knowy0151
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love all things such as Mobles phones tablets,gadgets.

Hanniebelle
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I like the feature on my smartwatch get my phone to ring when I lose it. I'm always losing my phone but now I can always find it!

Jacquel_1743188
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I can to find out how to enter this competition - its certainly not obvious please send me the link - thanks

Jacquel_1743188
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

difficult to say I like all my tech!  but if I have to choose just one then my kindle e-reader.  Light and easy to use, fits in a handbag for reading on the bus, train, drs, bed just about anywhere and with the adjustable back light I can read in the dark and not disturb my other half.  Now on my 3rd one think I must wear them out with so much use!

TaraWil_1715707
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I am going to go with the iPad as it seems to be the most versatile

markWill_564267
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I loved my minidisk back in the day when actually owning things used to be cool. I wished they would be an app for my phone that looked like I was using one. 

ShaunLa_1439536
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Just having my standard smartphone is amazing, banking, calendars, emails, shopping and all the social bits and bobs. Just makes life so much easier, and life isn't always easy ^_^
I would dearly love a new one though, mine is starting to show its age 🤕 😅

PaulMas_1374427
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My kindle is my favourite tech. I have Alzheimer's and reading keeps my brain active. I must say my android phone pixel helps because I play a couple of games which again helps .

Elhassa_1050985
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love more the speed of the browse and the more joyful experience of surfing the net on my devices.

PavVas
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

There was a Galaxy Note 9 in my care for 3,5 years and I absolutely adored it. It had a stylus which I used to create some doodles and sketches or simply to use the button to take pictures of night shots, when stand was not with me.

But most importantly, this brilliant phone most likely saved (indirectly) my life, as it had a heart rate monitor I once decided to use just after I woke up in the morning. It actually showed me that my heart has a condition which my GP described as a "lazy heart" which unchecked can lead to several, even lethal outcomes.

Only reason I did change it, was the battery-not holding the charge for full day even with a branded extended battery phone case. 

Since then I'm having a smart bracelet and always on a lookout until my referral goes trough.

I can see technology saving lives at work on a daily basis (NHS), which is the best bit of living at the time of such advancement. 

AndrewBa_194262
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Having tech on the go allows me to bring my private life and work life to my finger tips. From being able to control my EV car charging, preheat, locking and unlocking when required. Having a 24 hour link to Teams keeping  me up to date with colleagues.

BrunoB
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Love my kindle e-reader. It's an old one but its still going strong 

lonelyatsea
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Bluetooth wireless headphones have come a long way! Noise cancelling really helps me stay calm throughout the day. Also high refresh rate screens make a huge difference - everything is so fluid. It's very hard to go back to 60Hz.

• What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?

Loved my old Nexus 4 - it's amazing how basic it is by today's standards, but at the time it was lovely to use. I especially miss the notification LED. Don't know why they stopped putting them on phones!

More affordable devices with optical image stabilisation and optical zoom. It'll also be interesting to see how quick fast charging can become. I do miss removable batteries though - it would be great to see them become a thing again!

AlanSap_1400959
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • I really like my iPad mini. It’s very versatile and portable and does everything I need. 

PeterGAR_298884
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I have the One Pus 9Pro, I like OnePlus tech as they are always feature rich, great cameras and 100% a trusted brand.

Ceirong
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I really like the value for money my phone is. Oppo a745g. Plus its my first 5g phone and when i get 5g the speed is impressive. Definitely my favourite feature. 

PeterGAR_298884
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I have a OnePlus 9 Pro, I like OnePlus tech as it always ahead of the curve, feature rich, robust and a 100% trusted brand.

archy_bold
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love that it's mostly no-frills. I hate phones with too many features I'll never use. No-nonsense for me!

KG_2020
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love listening to podcasts on my phone.

KG_2020
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love listening to podcasts on my phone!

DeniseB_1738353
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my smartphone, It's like having a computer with me all day, answering my questions and thoughts......I can even text my mates with it! Wow

TIMCHEE_1246749
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love the fact that my mobile phone, can receive calls via the internet so that the caller imagines I am in the USA, whereas I am in the UK.

AlanMatt_419155
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my iPad. It's like a real version of the Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. All the information I could ever need is at my fingertips. Books, movies, TV shows, songs, news, family and friends, games, all are within my grasp at any time. I can consume culture and create it all on the same device.

KatSwalw_523605
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What do you love most about your current devices?

I am a huge Apple fan, I have an iphone and an ipad. I find the Apple phone is very user friendly and simple to use. I love that it links across to my ipad. I also love my ipad as it allows me to watch movies and tv shows while travelling. When I had a plane flight to India last year, I watched a Netflix series on my ipad the whole way there and the way back. I also love digital art and it is something I am trying to learn and I can do this using the Procreate app on my ipad. The apple pencil works seamlessly and feels like drawing/painting without the mess and I can do it anywhere with my ipad. Really helps keep me motivated to improve my art compared to if I had to sit down with paper and pencils or paint which takes a lot of cleaning up and can only be done sitting at a desk. With my ipad, I can draw anywhere and anytime of the day, really helps keep ontop of my creative skill set.

LynPhil_1510461
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Oooo a toughie. Q1: I think my iPad mini is my fave, which keeps me entertained and connected at home and is loaded with books, maps and mags on the go.

Q2: It'd be really great if the iPad could run on a 'paperwhite' version for reading books in bright light. It's hard to see when lying on the beach (I wish) and the Kindle was much better and lasted much much longer. So update the iPad to be able to switch to Kindle mode when needed - to improve readability and improve battery life.

Q3: I'd love a better battery life (wouldn't we all!) - I hate when my phone starts to drop when out hiking and so have to purchase booster packs. Be good if phones were provided with spare batteries (like my camera) or a power pack as part of the standard kit. And of course, universal chargers 🙂

EthenWa_1488677
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

MikeCook_655082
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite devices are my Alexa devices that allow me to stream my music or any other music so easily.

My favourite phone of all time was my Motorola Razr flip phone. Would like a modern version of that. 

100% reliable comma would be my hope for the future. Some areas have very sketchy coverage. 

EthenWa_1488677
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

I'd love to see an up-to-date DS, all the power of modern hardware in a pocketable form factor.

Richard_1325872
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I most love my kindle as I have a mobile library at my disposal. How else could one carry 20+ books on holiday.

I was very sad to see the iPod to go, I would have very much liked to see one updated. I have an old I touch that doesn’t even have bluetooth.

Mostly if like to see compatibility between all smart home tech if a common platform do everything ran with everything else.

PaulRich_229774
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

It's tricky to answer my fave tech item, but the one that saves me the most money, and time is my Ring Doorbell.  Talking to delivery drivers to arrange an alternate delivery makes it easy to do.  Even better is that it does get price discounted from time to time making it a bargain.

PaulRhod_146383
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Most things I can achieve from my Galaxy phone. I can keep intouch with most platforms and outlook.

Barbara_1030827
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

what i love from my current phone is being able to use my Hotspot to make it possible to use my smart TV as we do not have WiFi yet!