YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Featured_Post_Phone Competition@1x.jpg

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE

The competition is now closed and we are pleased to announce that 

YulianK_0-1683108219653.png

@about_a_year  is the winner.

Congratulations @about_a_year; check your private messages and reply with your address. 

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow. 

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions. 

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours.

So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow.

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

To celebrate the launch of the SMARTY Community, we are giving you the chance to win a new Honor Magic 4 lite smart phone.

How to enter

To enter the Prize Draw, entrants will need to log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the “Let us know about your favourite bit of tech” article, during the promotion period.

The draw is open from 16th January 2023 until 28th February 2023.

Please answer at least one of the following questions:

• What do you love most about your current devices?
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

The Prize

honor-magic-4-lite-5g-6128gb-negro-libre_11612326_46330944.png

• Key Features of the Honor Magic 4 lite include:
  • 120Hz Screen Refresh Rate
  • 6nm Snapdragon 695 5G Soc - High Performance, Low Power Consumption
  • 66W HONOR SuperCharge - Have 81% Power in Half an Hour
  • 4800mAh Large Battery - A Big Battery Boosts Your Whole Day
  • HONOR RAM Turbo - RAM Extended, Smooth Experience
  • 48MP Rear Triple Camera - Capturing Vivid Moments

https://www.hihonor.com/uk/phones/honor-magic4-lite/

Closing date is 28th February 2023 and we will inform the winner by direct message on site by 7th March 2023.

The SMARTY Community Terms of Use apply to your registration for and use of the SMARTY Community platform. Competition terms can be found here.

1,071 REPLIES 1,071

JOHNNYS
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my Mi mobile phone as it supports duplicate of apps so that I need not carrying 2 phones.

IanHagg_1561232
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I'd like to see the Nokia 3300 updated.  Compact, robust and simple with great battery life.

MattRus_1288860
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Loving my Tab S8 it's probably the greatest bit of tech in the world! From streaming and browsing the net to emulating countless consoles of old this is one super tablet that really can do just about anything.

If anything needs updating I would have to say the mini projector, a usb C plugin projector to instantly view your device's screen in your own lill cinema 😎

As for the future bring on the nano lenses so my sci-fi eyes can experience the world in a whole new way. 

RealAthle69
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my wireless Bluetooth headphones. They just transport me elsewhere, mentally. They've helped me through many gym sessions, boring bus rides, runs, walks, etc. Cannot imagine not having them.

Jamie-L_1388299
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

It would be great if we could utilise renewable energy technology to charge our devices on the move with something internal (or even an external device similar to a power bank) which generates power while you run. We'd all get a bit fitter - or just have sore arms from shaking our devices! 😆

RuthRobi_389036
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Got to be my laptop for education and entertainment thanks for the opportunity 

DanielJa_745053
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie
  • What do you love most about your current devices? Honor 8 S is a fast charging and inherently reliable smart phone. Great for Google Maps, Social Media, Email and phone.
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)? Hmmm... ZX Spectrum was fun...
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech? Voice control and face recognition for security also the ability to run as a standalone VR headset

Davy-Bhoy88
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I love my Huawei H112 - 370 CPE 5G Router, with a SMARTY DATA sim card it average around 300mbps on the network at the moment. Its great I can have up to 256 devices (I currently have 12 lol) connected, well 255 the router takes 1.

Watching movies, catch up, xbox is no problem.

And the only thing I plug 🔌 in is the power... Great bit of tech on the network 

Regards D.Martin 

lfcnomad
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love being able to control my household gadgets from wherever I am by using my phone.

GemmaCro_379268
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my Google nest. I've got so used to it being part of my life its like my own P.A. I'd love to see the old Motorola razr come back. I had about 3 of them. In the future I'd love a phone with a colour changing case like a chameleon that would immediately coordinate with every outfit🙂

NevilleF_159950
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Love the photos my S22 Ultra helps me take... Great to be able to switch to ultra wide or portrait with a click.

fdsh
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • What do you love most about your current devices? They work fluid, I do not like to waste my time with slow or full of issues devices
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)? Nokia
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech? Improvement on multitasking. And more built-in apps/features, currently to get good tools in most of the cases you need to expend money in apps.

Evymay
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I love my smartphone as it is always with me and has everything I need from simple features such as notes, voice recorder and camera to access to Internet, connection to smart phone devices and videocalls. I would want it to be more powerful though in terms of how long the battery lasts, as when I use it all day long it runs out of charge. I wish mobile tech could create a battery for the smartphone that lasts for weeks as those old fashion phones that had a key pad 😄 probably would need a solar panel to be installed in the smartphone so it could charge itself 

AndyFord_288090
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What future features would I like to see from mobile tech?

Based on what we've been seeing lately in AI developments, I'd have to say a Virtual Companion on your phone.

I imagine all of us, at one point or another, have suffered at least in one way, shape or form in regards to mental health, or even general loneliness.

Being able to simply pull out your phone at any time of the day, and get into a lengthy debate over the latest movie, or ask for dating advice, or just a way to let off some steam, would just be ideal.

Knowing someone's there for you is a wonderful feeling, whether they're real or artificial, it can really make a difference.

Holamwong
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I like the mobile hotspot the most from my phone as it's highly convenient and I don't need to use Wifi anymore.

Christo_1459117
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love being able to talk and see my relatives abroad using WhatsApp on my phone.

lizziemeaow
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The thing I love most about my Apple Watch is how annoying it is to use. I wish I spent less time on my phone, and my watch helps reduce my screen time by keep track of things for me so I don’t need to pick up my phone and get distracted. One day, if SMARTY goes for it, I’d love to able to get a Apple Watch with eSim capability and get an eSim contract with smarty so I can keep my phone in a drawer for emergencies only! 

I would like to see portable radios able to stream audiobooks and podcasts! Radio is usually dire, so if I could have an analogue receiver of my favourite selections of shows and stories, I wouldn’t need my phone so much. 

Mobile tech could do so much more to get people away from their desks, lift their heads up with good posture and look away from their phones, and experience the world whilst remaining connected. Making innovations such as Google Glass and TAP keyboard even more user friendly, versatile, and available would revolutionise the way we work and treat our bodies, and I think there is so much potential in this area that isn’t being given real focus in the tech world. I wanna be able to work on my report on the bus for 5 minutes without getting out my laptop by tapping in the air and looking into my glasses! 

StevenRi_347309
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my apple products, the amount of data we get works perfect with them and helps when I need to tether my laptop for work. Would be great to see some connectivity for Apple Watch tariffs so I can use the full features of the watch. 

SyedT
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I like my apple iPhone because it is very simple and looks nice as well

Yinttang_99
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my moto g10 because it's so lightweight and has a big screen. Also so useful as a Google user, transferring details and apps from my old phone was so easy. The fingerprint log in method is so good for people that find it hard to remember passwords. 

Roo
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I'm loving my OnePlus 8.

It's slightly old now, but I've never run out of storage, the battery charges quickly and lasts a while and it still feels a really quick phone.

UrticaDioica
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I would like to see devices made more accessible for those with disabilities- easier to use with limited hand function, better voice recognition and speech to text. Also smart watches/fitness tracker devices for wheelchair users, including power chair users to track movement and exercise.

Aman
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I love my phone as it keeps me connected to my friends and family those who I havent seen in person in years

IanRich_1723981
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I'm currently using a Xiaomi Redmi note 10 5g after switching from my usual preferred Asus ZenFone..

And I'm actually glad I did as this phone costs half the price with massive battery capacity and 128gb seems to last an age and more than enough memory for all my apps I think they are around £169 compared to £300-700plus for the equivalent ZenFone so I am very pleased to say the least.

Other tech bargains I have picked up is a new pair of airbus(copies) of Amazon £7 and absolutely no difference to the apple ones and they even pair up on the iPhone as airbuds brilliant

I wonder if the phone you are giving away is any better than what I am using now? Only one way to find out.....

Get it sent 

PeterAt_1757242
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

My favourite bit of tech is my galaxy tab s8 ultra.

PeterAt_1757242
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

My favourite bit of tech is my galaxy tab s8 ultra. 

Teresa
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my phone and how wireless tech has made it possible to pay at stores, navigate a city, listen to music, take/share photos and videos and play games all on one device wherever you like.

Bob
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • What do you love most about your current devices?

I currently really like how rugged my phone is means that when I drop it the screen doesn't smash.

rk29
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my phone as it enables me to experience so many great things in the world through other people's eyes (or cameras!) by being able to share content online, and my phone enables me to learn about things that I have not/am not able to otherwise experience. My phone enables me to capture memories and keep them for a lifetime and I can share these and connect with others. Also everything is just one tap away-communication, gaming, studying, shopping and so on.

Rosemar_1527716
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

I love my Huwei dongle and Smarty sim for data which I purchased from Smarty. I’ve been in Thailand for three weeks ( live in UK) and still able to work remotely /catch up with friends online even when taking a four hour taxi ride. It helped me to pass the time as well as catch up with work. It’s amazing how sometimes the simplest things work the best. Smarty keep their systems simple and straightforward and the support is second to none . Love their chat service to ensure you have all the help you need to stay connected. 

anthonycjones
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My Honor 9 Lite mobile keeps me in touch with the wider community via emails, texts, phone and WhatsApp. It is also a great way of doing word puzzles with friends. Sharing great quality photos and videos.

MeganMo_1042939
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

What I love most about my Samsung Galaxy S21 is the camera. One of my hobbies is Star Gazing. This camera allows me to see further than previous Samsung divices. I have been able to not only use the camera to find constilations, but take pictures of them too.

I would like to see the Blackberry Bold updated. It was very popular in English secondary schools when I was a teenager. It had a very sleek design. The touch square was different to other phones and I really loved the keyboard.

This idea may be too futuristic but I would like to see some kind of hologram feature. It would make video calling feel more realistic. It would make calling family members who live across the world feel like they're loved one is in the room with them. Remote classes would feel more engaging, work meeting and conferences would be more interesting. When you are talking to someone through a screen there is always a disconnect. 

Thank you 

ArturasP_467864
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I love my iPhone as it’s so fast and easy to work and enjoy lifetime 

MartyMcfly
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love the s pen on my s22 ultra it makes signing documents simple and is great for writing quick notes.

TerenceF_201907
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love Touch ID, saves me so much time! Logging in, passwords, paying etc. 

TerenceF_201907
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love Touch ID, saves me so much time! Logging in, remembering passwords, paying easily, incredible. 

LouiseWi_320802
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My phone is mega old now but I know how to use it (mostly) which, for a non-tech person is pretty good. I really don't want to change it because I'd then have to learn all over again how to work a new device. To improve it I think all apps and updates should be made to be compatible with older models like mine and I'd also like the battery to be more robust and last longer. Everyone says they're concerned with environment and yet ate quite happy to make people have to change their devices every two seconds! 

ELBADRI_OMER
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love how my SMARTY sim and my Iphone can make a powerful combination together, high speed and good quality network on this ‘very’ smart device giving me the best experience ever.

I love to explore and navigate allover the UK and I always use my Iphone maps in all my journeys, it has really made my life easier and saved me a lot of time, I wonder how did people before smart phones live 😅?!

Googlyhead
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

1) Easy answer: iPhone SE(1)

It’s simply the last non-phablet ‘phone.

Perhaps a little on the bigger side than ideal, but better than shoving a tablet in my pocket, while still fast and reliable. 

2) As for an updated classic; that would have to be an *expandable* and *high capacity* iPod (touch). But we all know Apple would never allow that, and I don’t have much faith in the way their software is going.

3) Seeing as I typed out two answers; I may as well complete the third: Micro-LED screens. Solves all the issues inherent in OLEDS, and potentially better than LCD too. 

ELBADRI_OMER
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I would like the notch to be gone from the Iphone screen 😅