YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Featured_Post_Phone Competition@1x.jpg

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE

The competition is now closed and we are pleased to announce that 

YulianK_0-1683108219653.png

@about_a_year  is the winner.

Congratulations @about_a_year; check your private messages and reply with your address. 

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow. 

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions. 

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours.

So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow.

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

To celebrate the launch of the SMARTY Community, we are giving you the chance to win a new Honor Magic 4 lite smart phone.

How to enter

To enter the Prize Draw, entrants will need to log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the “Let us know about your favourite bit of tech” article, during the promotion period.

The draw is open from 16th January 2023 until 28th February 2023.

Please answer at least one of the following questions:

• What do you love most about your current devices?
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

The Prize

honor-magic-4-lite-5g-6128gb-negro-libre_11612326_46330944.png

• Key Features of the Honor Magic 4 lite include:
  • 120Hz Screen Refresh Rate
  • 6nm Snapdragon 695 5G Soc - High Performance, Low Power Consumption
  • 66W HONOR SuperCharge - Have 81% Power in Half an Hour
  • 4800mAh Large Battery - A Big Battery Boosts Your Whole Day
  • HONOR RAM Turbo - RAM Extended, Smooth Experience
  • 48MP Rear Triple Camera - Capturing Vivid Moments

https://www.hihonor.com/uk/phones/honor-magic4-lite/

Closing date is 28th February 2023 and we will inform the winner by direct message on site by 7th March 2023.

The SMARTY Community Terms of Use apply to your registration for and use of the SMARTY Community platform. Competition terms can be found here.

1,064 REPLIES 1,064

JohnWild_410978
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love the fact that on my current devices (I Pad Mini & galaxy S10) is that you can access the internet in a few seconds and also take high quality photos and send them to friends anywhere in the world.

AndrewS_1665882
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love the old Polaroid cameras! I'd like one that also uploads the digital photo as well as printing the physical copy.

picofarad
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Love my Garmin vivofit 4. It encourages and nags in equal measurement and I can use it for cashless payments...although, I always have a wobble paying for stuff without a bank card!!! 

PeterAle_209520
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I'm physically and emotionally attached to my phone. It's all singing and dancing, on top of that it does the whole lot more things I couldn't do without these days from chatting to banking, entertainment to shopping and much much more. But I could do with a new one as my phone is a little tired and out of date, screen crushed and it's a bit slow with most apps. Wouldn't it be nice to have phones with scratch and crush resistant screens and as fast as a lightning One day maybe 🤔

Chris_295851
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love being able to use my phone to educate myself on the go.

Cernunnas
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Probably not a popular opinion, but I love physical keyboards. I wish there were more modern smartphones with physical keyboards, and also touch screens that work by tapping them with my nails!! I like my Samsung Galaxy A90, but I hate how it only works when touching it with my skin... it's so awkward when you have long nails!!

Jayjinx
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I am never without a tech device close at hand, my MacBook is my favourite but I miss my Blackberry and a Blackberry/iPhone hybrid would be my favourite "update" with a decent keyboard and speedier app performance.

houshmand
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my oneplus 6. I have it for about 5 years. I had just problem with its battery.

SmarticusJr
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my iPhone. It’s simple to use and is interconnects to other Apple devices. 

ConnorS_1738610
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Always loved android always miles ahead of apple and have much better features and not over priced and cam get a decent phone for a decent price as for apple with the expensive prices and don't do as much as android love the fact with my phone I can charge other devices if they have low battery with power share and able to charge my headphones if they are low 

CiroVal_1343246
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Better camera 

Rebecca_1508376
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Dupe

Rebecca_1508376
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Love my ancient iPhone. 7 years old and it just keeps on going. 

DerekWr_1490054
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my tech because with smart lighting and the like, I can control my entire home from my phone or laptop

BarryFis_414067
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My I watch is a piece of kit does everything it says on the tin 😊

BarryFis_414067
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Alexa is my favourite name now 😉

HaleemaK_734099
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my iPhone as it runs smoothly and has an amazing camera on it which is perfect for capturing all of life’s memories. In the future, I would like phones to have even more tech savvy features such as the ability to automatically set a time that a text message is sent and further camera updates to enhance picture quality as well. 

AttilaKi_378814
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My current phone has a large screen which makes it useful for entertainment, but its best features are probably the camera and most importantly the ultra-fast charging.

Stephen_1700460
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?  I would like to see immersive augmentation like VR mapping/guiding. Safety alerts, hints & tips shown in VR etc.

BenMead_1746556
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love how easy it is to navigate my Samsung Galaxy S21 FE Ultra as its very user compatible and the camera quality is beyond what I expected for the price I paid

Professor
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • What do you love most about your current devices? - Everything in one place...mini PC, TV, organizer, watch...etc with Fort Knox security.
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)? C64
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech? 3D viewing without the stupid 3D glasses.

AishaAl_1334224
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I would love to see Nokia phones to be upgraded as there has the best battery life ever. Also I love to win this amazing mobile phone as this will be my first WIN WIN phone from a prize draw. 

MarkGIL_1718148
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My Bluetooth Anker Soundbar is a tardis of a speaker. A big sound from a small box. Positioning is crucial for the best acoustics but it's so small you can place it wherever you think it sounds best.

Jomac
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

My favourite bit of tech is now 43 years old and without it, the world would be a different place. Back in 1980 I was the proud owner of a Sinclair ZX80 computer, considered by many to be the first small home computer and one that kickstarted home computing back then. By modern standards its a joke, no hard drive, no floppy drive, no colour and small programs (1K) were loaded eventually from cassette. There is far more computing power in your average Chip & PIN ATM card or SIM card. This small, archaic computer set me on the path to being a computer engineer and eventually teaching electronics at University. I still have mine safely tucked away and occasionally dig it out for a Memory Lane experience.

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Loved my Spectrum, remember playing Bismarck 🚢 for hours on end.

LeeMerr_1584869
SMARTY Livewire
SMARTY Livewire

I love my Samsung galaxy watch series 4. So handy to track exercises. Play music and pay by card all on a watch 😊👍

WilliamR_194420
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Now that I need reading glasses to read my phone I wonder if in the future you can put your eye prescription into your phone and it adjusts the display to suit your eyes therefore no glasses required. 

SteveB_1651523
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My favourite piece of tech is my smart watch! It keeps track of my steps, sleep pattern, stress levels, oxygen levels, heart rate and even body composition, which is just crazy.

I'm on a health kick and trying to get healthy so this is an absolute god send. 

ElysiaB_1354085
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love the camera on my current phone as it is the best camera I have ever had and had enabled me to take some amazing pictures of my cat, my niece and nephew, and of our holidays. 

JamesSco_453359
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Mt smartest bit of tech has got to be my oculus quest 2, it allows me to escape from the real world for a few hours 😀 

AndrewF_1754490
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I would love to see solar panels on the rear of my smartphone to enable continual charging during daylight hours.

Pauline_1747059
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I use my iPhone for banking, photos, storage, music and knowledge. A it is of course a vital tool for keeping in touch with my family and friends. Because of this, it is it’s reliability that I love most about my iPhone. 

GaryRedm_367300
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Love my honor view 20 (old i know) use it as my house device so control my lights heating ect plus linked to my fish tank so can adjust lights pump speeds and more... Also link to tv so mirror lots on to that. Its the device that runs my house without having to use anything else

GUNERAK_1425396
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

On my current mobile phone, the most loved specs by me are its very functional apps easy pass function, screen colors and brightness and battery life.. 

Vice control is pretty cool.

Muhammed_624217
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love the ease of use of my iPhone 

JosephKa_453962
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Sonos one

jtsui1599
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • What do you love most about your current devices?

I really love the camera system on my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. A great telephoto lens of 0.6, with a 1x, 3x, and 10x zoom, cropping up to 100x digital zoom. The algorithm and low-light performance are truly amazing.

• What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?

I wish they could bring back the old Nokia N series phones, with the Andriod system installed! Such a classic of the era and durability used to be not an issue on mobile phones.

• What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

Cross-platform instant file sharing! I am tried of finding ways to share large files or images between my Samsung and MacBook, or sharing with friends around me who use iPhones. AirDrop and Nearby Share are both so quick and convenient, yet competition makes it hard for cross-platform sharing.

MariaPan_974123
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

I love my iPhone because it’s everything I need everyday from emails to checking balances to shopping. 
I would love to see an update of an old Nokia 33 series.

I would like responses to questions superfast in the future. 

HazelPa_1537815
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my Alexa, she never ceases to amaze me with her knowledge and usefulness