cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The_Observer
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

If you have multiple family sims with a monthly data allowance in a group plan, some sims may run out of data while on other sims, there is remaining data.

Please allow group data allowance to be shared / transferred / pooled.

An enquiry has been made about this at least once before:

https://community.smarty.co.uk/t5/chats-hacks/can-group-data-be-shared/m-p/3728

4 Comments
MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@The_Observer  Just wondering if this would require considerable tinkering with the main Smarty software to allow it. That would end up costing them and so I can see them being less than keen.

The_Observer
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

@MSF Acknowledge that my original proposal might require major modifications to core metering and billing infrastructure. If so, here is another, related suggestion that might be easier to implement: rollover of unused data from one month to the next. That could be applied to a two-month window.

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@The_Observer I'm sure that most of these suggestions are good ones from the customers perspective.

I guess it will all come down to the financial wizards doing a balancing act between likely loss of profit if they bring in these ideas versus loss of customer base if they don't.

I think it is important not to lose sight of the fact that it's all about the bottom line in the end.

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

This should be easy enough to do.

”US Mobile” in the USA do it.  

From their website : 

Shareable Data

• Share data across multiple lines, including tablets

• First line included. Add more lines for $8/line

• Unlimited Talk & Text. on every line

• Top up data any time for $2/GB; unused top-ups roll over

• 5G mmWave & C-band and Premium data