cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to activate SIM - unexpected behaviour

why
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I cannot work out how to activate a SIM which I have. It's a 'bonus' one which I'd have received some time ago.

I enter the last 12 digits of the SIM card on the website. Then I'm asked to login:

"Log in to finish activating. Log in to the account you created when ordering your SIM card."

I do this, but I end up at the dashboard of my account, with nothing obvious there relating to activation.

Is there something I'm missing? Is the SIM card cancelled at some point after it's sent out so that it cannot be activated? Maybe I need to use a different browser (I also tried on the android app and it didn't work).

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

why
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hang on, let me try logging in with my wife's account....

edit: no good - she doesn't have a Smarty account 🙄

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@why  I think the general idea is that you give the sim to someone (in this case, your wife) and they are encouraged to start an account using it. They then use their one email address to start the account.

why
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Thanks for answering. I was expecting to create a new account with a new email address as I went through the activation process, but after I enter the SIM number I get that message:

"Log in to finish activating. Log in to the account you created when ordering your SIM card."

I don't see a way to create an account without ordering another SIM card. Perhaps I need to order another SIM card in order to use the one I'm holding?

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

why
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Yes, after step three I get the message "Log in to finish activating. Log in to the account you created when ordering your SIM card". So I do that and it just takes me to my dashboard.

why
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Maybe the SIM card is associated with an older account which was closed because of inactivity. That's my best guess at the moment. If that's the case, @MSF , I'm sorry for wasting your time. I do appreciate your help.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@why  De nada!!