Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming pausing and texts

Asoka
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hello 

when pausing a plan do we still get texts? Such as auto generated texts for verification? ( banks and passwords etc) it is kind of an important urgent question thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@Asoka From experience, you can certainly receive texts while outside EU. If there is no charge for them, it's hard to see why you need a current plan - as long as you have not had your account deactivated due to 180 days without a plan or usage.

As I advised, why not web chat with Support to get an answer 'from the horse's mouth'?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jassingh
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

If you pause your plan (aka turning auto-renew OFF), it means the service will stop at the end of your billing cycle and you won't receive any calls or texts following that.. keeping auto-renew ON will ensure that your service continues uninterrupted. 

Good to know: If your plan remains inactive (auto-renew OFF) for 220 days, your account is automatically closed for you.

Asoka
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Great thank you. that answers differs from what a SMARTY team member on a chat had told me! He told me that if I pause I still receive texts, but cant send or reply to a call.. that is totally different from what you just wrote. Ok thanks for that. Now corollary question: I will be abroad, non-EU. and I WON’T need roaming or call or send texts… however I WILL need to be able to receive texts… what should i do? 

thank you it is a bit of an urgent question.

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@Asoka  Try this article: https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/1921756-what-happens-if-i-don-t-renew-my-plan The suggestion is that, when you pause plans, you cannot MAKE OR SEND calls/texts. 

IMHO, I think you should still be able to receive calls and texts.

As for non-EU Roaming, please see Price Guide - https://cdn.smarty.co.uk/files/SMARTY-Price-Guide.pdf?_gl=1*1it0mxq*_ga*OTI5NTcxNTk4LjE2OTM3NDM3MTI.....

It appears the you will need credit to pay for calls received, but there is no mention of a charge for texts received.

If in doubt, why not web chat with smarty Support team to verify this?

Asoka
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

thanks for the help. Everytime I ask i get a different answer… so funny. this one is more detailed. thanks for that.All I need to know is if plan is pause ( not auto on auto renew) i can receive texts. that is all I need to know. calling and sending and making or receiving calls I dont care… I care for receiving texts. also because th epausing will happen while outside EU. so this question is different from all the articles. 

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@Asoka From experience, you can certainly receive texts while outside EU. If there is no charge for them, it's hard to see why you need a current plan - as long as you have not had your account deactivated due to 180 days without a plan or usage.

As I advised, why not web chat with Support to get an answer 'from the horse's mouth'?