cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

no sim card

Michael_1897549
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

How do I get to talk to someone at Smarty ? Its hopeless . I signed up to Smarty several months ago . Changed mind a few days later and sent sim card back to HQ by post never heard anything . Now trying to re engage and get a sim card on the account I am already registered with but cannot contact anyone to get it done there is no phone number ???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Michael_1897549  I think the problem will be as follows:

You sent the sim back but are you sure that there was written detail to explain what you wanted? If not, the sim is still registered to the account (take a look at your dashboard to confirm that). Sims only deactivate after 180 days of inactivity and you would have been notified via email.

I think the easiest way to get back onto your account with that same number would be to report the sim as lost or stolen and you should receive a replacement that you will need to activate: https://smarty.co.uk/dashboard/request-new-sim

Your account will be suspended (as a security measure) until the replacement sim is activated.

By the way, you cannot call Smarty team. Your initial contact is via web chat and this keeps costs down. You can complain via email if necessary (but I don't think it is in this case).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

This is the Smarty user forum, populated by Smarty users.

You would need to contact Smarty by webchat.

HOWEVER, bear in mind that if a Smarty SIM / account isnโ€™t used for a period of six months, then that account is closed.  Just wondering if your account is now outside that six month period.

Confirm whether your account is live or not, and if not, simply pop into any newsagent, corner shop or Sainsburyโ€™s, and buy a Smarty SIM card, which costs either 99p or ยฃ1 depending on where you buy it.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Michael_1897549  I think the problem will be as follows:

You sent the sim back but are you sure that there was written detail to explain what you wanted? If not, the sim is still registered to the account (take a look at your dashboard to confirm that). Sims only deactivate after 180 days of inactivity and you would have been notified via email.

I think the easiest way to get back onto your account with that same number would be to report the sim as lost or stolen and you should receive a replacement that you will need to activate: https://smarty.co.uk/dashboard/request-new-sim

Your account will be suspended (as a security measure) until the replacement sim is activated.

By the way, you cannot call Smarty team. Your initial contact is via web chat and this keeps costs down. You can complain via email if necessary (but I don't think it is in this case).

Jeffrey_1108381
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hello my sim card is damage, can you send me a new one please

@Jeffrey_1108381 We cannot send you anything because we are customers just like you  - this is the Community Forum.

You can order a replacement sim from your account dashboard.