cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

My number didn't transfer

Drummy66
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have just switched my sim card to Smarty. My old number that i was transferring, seems to have been replaced with a new number. Any help would be much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Centurion
SMARTY Centurion

Did you get a PAC code from your old network ? 

If so, the transfer to Smarty is not instantaneous , and, as today is a bank holiday, wonโ€™t happen until tomorrow, at the earliest, depending on when you gave Smarty your PAC code, assuming you have done this.

Numbers are only transferred AKA โ€œportedโ€ between networks on working days, so not Saturday, Sunday OR bank holidays like today. 

Thatโ€™s why you have a temporary number until your number transfers to Smarty.

See here :

https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/7019273-keeping-your-number 

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Drummy66  Your number will not transfer unless you complete a request in your account dashboard and give Smarty the PAC from your old network (this is effectively their permission to shift the number to the smarty network).

Transfers - known as porting-in - don't take place over weekends or Bank Holidays. When you complete the request, you should be advised when the number will transfer over.

If you have done all of this already, then you need to web chat with the Support Team so that they can investigate your account.

Drummy66
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
Thanks I'll give them a try. The have the pac code. I'll give them a couple of day and try them then. Thanks again. 
Show