cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile wifi speed

KenHilt_1368852
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi, I am getting download speeds of approx 1.5mbps, shouldn't I be getting faster speeds.

Any ideas how to increase the speed, thanks for any help.

Regards 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Did you check the coverage of Three, Smarty’s parent network, before signing up ?

Are you using your SIM in a phone, or a router, trying to use Smarty as a replacement for fixed line broadband (Which Smarty doesn’t recommend as a longterm ongoing solution, as it’s a consumer focused mobile phone service)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Did you check the coverage of Three, Smarty’s parent network, before signing up ?

Are you using your SIM in a phone, or a router, trying to use Smarty as a replacement for fixed line broadband (Which Smarty doesn’t recommend as a longterm ongoing solution, as it’s a consumer focused mobile phone service)

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@KenHilt_1368852  The speed depends on a whole host of factors such as where you are in relation to masts, type of building you are in, how busy the network is, the device you are using.

I get the same, coverage says 4g but don’t even get 5mbps which is pathetic 

@TomChea_2217441  So, have you checked coverage for your area and also the network status?

It’s been this way for 10-12 days I don’t think it will improve 

@TomChea_2217441 If it is a network issue, then it may be taking time to repair.

Wouldn’t it be cause for a refund if it’s over half of the month with substandard service though?

@TomChea_2217441 Don't bank on it because Smarty in the T&C's do not guarantee that every mast will function all the time.

That said, take a look at T&C's and also the network status checker. If you can prove that service in your postcode was not available for a considerable time, it's always worth at least having a try for a refund via a complaint (written politely as a request)