Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Phone Settings / Battery problem - Nokia 3

Decembersangel
SMARTY Spark
SMARTY Spark

Hi 👋

I'm kind of technology 'idiot' so need a bit of advice😁

I have a Nokia 3 and recently had a 'Hey, what does this mean?' look around my phone settings 🙄and there were 2 things in it that I just need to clarify to see if the set-up is right (my phone does what it needs to do and works but I wonder if this is a flook or if the settings are actually correct 🤔).

So under 'Network Settings' and then 'Mobile Network' I have the following:-

Network - Options of 'Automatically select network' and 'SMARTY' and my setting is 'Automatically select network' - I this right or should I select 'SMARTY' so that it connects to the correct carrier?

APN - Options of 'mob.asm.net' and 'three.co.uk' and set as 'mob.asm.net' - again is this correct? Is 'three' the supplier of SMARTY and should be set to this?

My next question is.... Does anyone know why my mobile dies at ~50% battery life?? I had a new one put in in Dec '22 (by a reputable mobile phone shop) and I still have the same problem. I have tried all the suggestions I can find on the interweb e.g. when dead charge until 100% and then keep charging for another 2hrs before turning on and repeat 3 times to recalibrate the charging, etc...

This is a pain in the arse as I can't take or make phone calls below 80% as my phone will just lose charge at a fast rate and then die suddenly and it's a ball ache to have to keep it charged enough as I often forget to do so 😤😠 I can't afford a 'new' phone and this one is only 6yrs old so surely it should last longer than this??

Ta kindly for any and all help and advice! x

0 REPLIES 0