cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lobster Mobile in Spain - Any thoughts / advice ?

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

A mate is shortly going to Spain, he has been told that "Lobster Mobile" is an English language mobile phone provider in Spain, and he has asked my thoughts.

I have never heard of this service, so thought that I would ask this community.

Any experiences / thoughts, Ladies & Gents ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@JJP2  Hola señor por que necesita tu amigo un servicio español ? Why does he need a Spanish service? - or is he going permanently?

Would he not be OK using his Smarty plan on EU Roaming? When I had a house out there some years ago, we used Movistar. At the outset, when we did not speak the lingo, I seem to remember getting enough info that we still managed. also easy to get assistance as Movistar shops are all over like a rash!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@JJP2  Hola señor por que necesita tu amigo un servicio español ? Why does he need a Spanish service? - or is he going permanently?

Would he not be OK using his Smarty plan on EU Roaming? When I had a house out there some years ago, we used Movistar. At the outset, when we did not speak the lingo, I seem to remember getting enough info that we still managed. also easy to get assistance as Movistar shops are all over like a rash!

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

He is not on Smarty....yet 😉

He asked me because he knows I am a bit of a geek when it comes to mobiles 😂

I have had a look at Lobster's website,it seems a decent proposition, but I do wonder why its not more widely known, given the vast anount of Brits that live (lived, since Brexit ?) and holiday in Spain.

Wouldnt be surprised if he ended up gwtting an "Airalo" esim, as that can be easily set up in advance of his holiday, rather than needing to go to a bricks and mortar store to purchase a physical sim card.

As always, thank you for your useful input 😃👍

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@JJP2  I see that it piggybacks off Movistar (they say that they use Telefonica = Movistar)