cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just wondering, is it me or….

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Centurion
SMARTY Centurion

Now we all know that Smarty Mobile is a value for money mobile phone service.

Maybe that’s its downfall ? 

Whilst many others and myself are very happy with the high quality of service we receive, on this forum we seem to be experiencing an influx of people complaining that Smarty doesn’t work for them, for whatever reason, be it slow speeds, it’s not working as a replacement for home broadband (which Smarty say in its terms and conditions it’s not designed for), or in a motor homes, caravans etc 

It’s incumbent on everyone to check that Smarty Mobile is right for them BEFORE signing up. Also, if you want to use Smarty in a device that’s not a mobile phone, you may well need to look elsewhere. After all, no matter how cheap Smarty is, if it doesn’t meet your requirements and use case, then it’s a waste of money. 

For those of us that Smarty Mobile works for, it’s a gem of a service at a decent price. For that, I am thankful. 

6 REPLIES 6

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@JJP2RidesAgain  You are 100% correct. (Actually, these days I should perhaps saying 110% as is the fashion!)

Let's face it, not every product suits every person. If that were the case, one network would possibly end up with a virtual monopoly, regardless of Ofcom's attempts to stop it.

As I said in a recent post, it's much more common that people moan than praise.

Next week, it will be “Smarty doesn’t work with my WiFi enabled toaster” 

And yes, WiFi toasters do actually exist, you control them from an app, but unless you also have a robot to put the bread in the toaster, it’s seems a bit daft, and even then, the robot could turn the toaster on 

https://techcrunch.com/2022/08/17/tineco-toasty-one/ 

@JJP2RidesAgain  Do you mean that you don't simply get your butler to do all of that and just bring you the buttered toast?

I tried that and was told “Sorry sir, if you want food, you will have to make it yourself, I am too busy researching these things called “eSIMs” for you. My report shall be ready by September”” 😉

@JJP2RidesAgain Well, standards are dropping, aren't they!

I think that you are really spending too much time banging your head against the wall!       I've seen your posts about phone settings abroad - looks like you actually do think that people are going to read them and not simply post a question for someone else to answer them! 🙄

Very touching! How sweet! Get the bag of frozen peas ready so that your forehead doesn't bruise too badly!!! 🤣

🤣👏🏻

Must be an age thing - Just seen someone on Reddit moan that a travel eSIM with its FUP of 250 GB isnt enough data for a holiday - Either he needs to look up what “holiday” actually means, or is a digital nomad, trying to do things on the cheap….He will probably rock up in the UK, get a Smarty SIM, then post in this forum “Any idea why Smarty has shut my data off, I can’t work like this !” 😉