cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email already used , but I never used the sim , want to join Smarty now what do I don

Beverle_1278996
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Help , I am going around in circles ! I opened account with smarty Sim only last year ,I never used the sim and don’t have it now . I wish to start with Smarty now , sim only plan . I tried to report lost or stolen but no option available as the sim has expired . So how do I set up a new account with my only email , bring my existing number too . It’s so confusing . Thank you 🙏 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Natalie_2037612
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hello,

We are able to scrub your email address from the system! If you start a webchat, they can do this for you once you go through some security questions to comply with Data Protection 😀😀 - Natalie 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

This is the Smarty Community Forum, we are customers just like you, we don’t work for Smarty.

With Smarty, it’s one account per email address. So, given the situation you outlined above, this is what I would do, it’s of course your decision whether to take these steps or not.

1, Set up another email address, maybe Gmail, which is free

2, Acquire a new Smarty SIM card, from a corner shop, newsagent, B&M Stores, or Sainsbury’s, for £1

3,  Get a Porting Authority Code (PAC Code) from your current network, by texting PAC to 65075. You will receive your PAC code by text within 2 minutes, probably sooner. 

4, Activate your new Smarty SIM card, buy and pay for a plan, and enter your PAC code to transfer your current number to Smarty. Note : This normally takes one working day, so if you give Smarty your PAC code tomorrow, normally, your number would port next Monday, but, as next Monday is a bank holiday, your number will port Tuesday. 

See here :

https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/7019273-keeping-your-number 

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@Beverle_1278996 As well as the spot-on advice from @JJP2RidesAgain  an alternative to try would be having a web chat with Support Team to explain the issue clearly.

They may be able to 'open' your account so that you can order a sim. Also, have you looked at the option to start a Group? Not sure if it would work, but wondering if you could order a 'nickname' sim on your current account and use that as your own.

Natalie_2037612
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hello,

We are able to scrub your email address from the system! If you start a webchat, they can do this for you once you go through some security questions to comply with Data Protection 😀😀 - Natalie