Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caught in a log in loop

AngelaJ_2847334
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi, so on iPhone I go to log in to my WiFi 

smarty log in page comes up, I log in, it sends a one time passcode to email. If I go to email to get code, WiFi log in page closes 

so then the loop starts again!

how can I get passcode without WiFi log in page closing?

5 REPLIES 5

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@AngelaJ_2847334  Are you logging in to the App? If so, why not try using the web page instead - use the browser on phone/device.

Hi, it’s when I try to login to WiFi from iPhone from settings and it loads captive WiFi log in, this I cannot open in a separate browser 

@AngelaJ_2847334  You are trying to log in to wifi? Do you mean the hot spot on your iPhone? That requires a password from the settings on your iPhone - I'm not sure what the Smarty log -in has to do with it.

PaulCus_1963060
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Same here.  I have tried to get this to work on several devices, but my main problem is I have a portable router which has my SMARTY Sim card.I have tried to get this to work on several devices, but my main problem is I have a portable router which has my SMARTY Sim card. I also have an iPhone that works off Giffgaff. From my iPhone I disable data on giffgaff and try to login to Wi-Fi on router.what happens next as I get asked for a SMARTY login on a captive Wi-Fi page? I enter email and password. What happens next? Is I get asked for a SMARTY login on a captive Wi-Fi page? I enter email and password. I then get a verification page. It asks for a verification code. I cannot move the captive Wi-Fi page because it crashes. And then left-hand to repeat the process over. I have tried viewing passwords sent by email to another device. I have tried viewing passwords sent by email to another device. But I cannot enter that into my device. It seems to be browser specific. 

@PaulCus_1963060  A) What browser? B) Have you tried another browser?

From experience, there are aspects of Smarty website that do not work so well with Safari but are OK with Chrome e.g. editing posts on this forum isn't possible on Safari.