cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get my smarty to work in mt TP link M7350

AngelaK_2736537
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have recently bought a TP link mobile router for our caravan and have bought a data only sim from Smarty to use in it. I have activated the sim and followed the instructions to put it in the machine but it will not connect to the Internet. I'm so confused. Why isn't it working when everyone else suggests that it is simple? Any help please?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@AngelaK_2736537 You do not say whether you made the necessary change to the APN; if you did not then the sim will not connect your router.

Aa @JJP2RidesAgain rightly says, a metal box (caravan) can act as a Faraday cage and block electromagnetic radiation (mobile signal in this case).

If you say that everyone suggests that is is simple, did you not also see the many examples of this problem and the responses?

View solution in original post

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

The device you bought might be network locked, and if not locked to SMARTY it won't connect to the Internet using your SMARTY SIM, @AngelaK_2736537

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Centurion
SMARTY Centurion

Are you abroad by any chance ?

if so, you need to change the device’s APN to “mob.asm.net” - read the instructions in the device’s manual or Google it.

If in the UK, have you checked that you have coverage on three, smarty’s parent network, not only where you live, but also the places where you will be travelling to with your caravan ? 

Also, your caravan could be acting as a “faraday cage” and blocking signals from mobile phone masts. 

It is simple, but the onus is on you to to do a small amount of research beforehand.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@AngelaK_2736537 You do not say whether you made the necessary change to the APN; if you did not then the sim will not connect your router.

Aa @JJP2RidesAgain rightly says, a metal box (caravan) can act as a Faraday cage and block electromagnetic radiation (mobile signal in this case).

If you say that everyone suggests that is is simple, did you not also see the many examples of this problem and the responses?

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

The device you bought might be network locked, and if not locked to SMARTY it won't connect to the Internet using your SMARTY SIM, @AngelaK_2736537